Petzl NAO headlamp with REACTIVE LIGHTING technology - user programable with PC

freethehell

Newly Enlightened
I played with one at the Boulder showing of the Banff Mountain Film Festival. The Petzl rep had a table with a demo unit there, and it's *awesome*. Seriously cool. Works really well, wore it and ran around the theater through varying light conditions + with my focus on various distances and it works well/like you'd expect. Color temperature is good for outdoors.

Battery is a rechargeable lithium (not sure if Lion or Lipoly), but had a USB connector.

The "little things" are always the neatest, though, for all its whiz-bangness with the sensor etc, etc, the headstrap was very innovative and what I'm looking forward to the most, certainly very useful for trail running (where 90% of my headlamp usage is). Kind of "cradles" the back of your head with a three-point contact system with an adjustment if you have a slightly less-than-round head that seemed to take the benefits of a top strap but avoid actually having to have a top strap. Not sure how to describe it other than draw a picture and post it, which I might do.

Time for bed now, though :).

Just stumbled across this new headlamp from Petzl. It has a distance sensor that automatically adjusts the output and beam pattern to what you are looking at. User programable from your pc. 88 to 315 Lumens @ $175 this July.

http://www.petzl.com/us/outdoor/headlamps/nao/video

Sweet! Just the ticket for this trail runner.

kevinwho

Newly Enlightened
Wow
It's amazing the way technolodgy is moving on .
I'm looking into petzl myself at the minute