Favorite lamp assembly for the Sea Cucumber?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Z46 bezel for my M6, and now I'm wondering which lamp assembly to get to go in it. I assume the MN10 would be the logical choice. People like the MN15 in the Guardian's stock turbohead, so it stands to reason the MN10 should work well with the smaller bezel. I understand the MN10 and the MN15 are the same bulb, just on different pedestals.

Of course, there are also the Lumens Factory lamps. Any recommendations?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that the MN10 and MN11 will both work. The MN11 is brighter with less run time.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the MN11 would be overdriven too hard on two parallel stacks of CR123A cells. The MN10 is reported to work with few, if any cases of insta-flash.

I received my shipment of MN10 in the mail today. What a beautiful, brilliant white light! It's so pretty. I wish I had ordered more than a half dozen lamps, as I am worried now that lamp life might be short. I think I might actually prefer this (Z46 + MN10) combination over the stock Turbohead with MN20. One thing to notice is that the shock assembly of the Z46 limits the spill, which is a pity. On the plus side, I can slip the whole thing into my pocket. Not quite with complete comfort, mind you, but it is impossible to fit the Turbohead into your pocket at all.

For now I am running the stock MB20 carrier with partially used primary cells. Later I will try my mdocod 2x18650 carrier to see if there is much difference.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've been using the LF EO-13 for a couple of years now. It's by far my favorite lamp for the Cucumber set up because of the higher color temperature, round beam shape and small overall spot size. I usually run it with 3 x 17670's but it runs on the stock carrier with RCR123's as well.

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
MN 10. but I get one hell of a football beam - worst one I have experienced.