Weirdest flashlight concept I've seen in quite awhile

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done my share of head scratching today. First, I stood in the isle of my local ACE Hardware store pondering one of the strangest ideas for a flashlight I have seen in a long, long time and then I came home and sat in front of my computer trying to decide where best to post about this thing. I guess it is an LED flashlight after all, so I'll try posting it here and see what happens.

I'm talking about the ACE LED Flashlight Extension Cord Adapter. It is an inline three prong extension cord adapter with a built in 50 lumen LED flashlight! 10,000K! (no high CRI here, folks) I really wish I had a photo of the actual package because what caught my eye was that the product is shown as a hand held light on the end of a long heavy duty extension cord!

Anyway, here's a screen shot from the ACE web site and the specs.

• Flashlight adapter with LED light for extension cords
  • Plug into the female end of any extension cord
  • 13 amps
  • 125 volts
  • 1.2W LED
  • 30,000 hour LED lifetime
  • 50 lumen LED
  • 10,000 Kelvin temp LED
  • Has female end so you can plug additional items into the cord if needed
  • Bright LED light make it easy to find the extension cord at night
  • Great for the back yard and job sites
  • Yellow
  • UL approved
What will they think of next?

jordox1.jpg

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be cool to get three of them and use one of these multi-socket cords!

multis.jpg

DanM

Newly Enlightened
Ran across an odd flashlight I bought years ago, called the Fliklite. Still in its box, I guess I forgot all about it.
There is a review of it at flashlightreviews.com Any one else have this light?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Well then ... seems the intended purpose is to start a RASH on one's head .

i'm itching too

~

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

I don't really understand their intended/recommended use for it ???

~

WAIT! I think I've got it!! With one of these you would never have to worry about batteries and you would have ultimate runtime!

EDIT: And I live on a 30 acre property in the middle of nowhere and I must have at least 300 feet of 16-10 gauge extension cable lying around my home, barn, studio and shop!....plus all the regular 18 gauge extension cords I've got all over my house. You know, this could really work!

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
WAIT! I think I've got it!! With one of these you would never have to worry about batteries and you would have ultimate runtime!

Well ... in that case ... they should make it bigger and brighter , and where's the STROBE ?

( not very TACTICAL )

~

Stratobiker

Newly Enlightened
Working with power tools as it gets dark, trying to finish an outdoors job, like building a deck etc...it looks like it would come in handy, can never have too much light ( or too many)

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACE LED Flashlight Extension Cord Adapter, Product description at Amazon says:
Bright LED makes is easy to find the extension cord at night.
Great for the backyard and job sites.

"Yellow Jacket Brand Name" extension cords have had lighted ends for years now, it's so you can tell if the cord has power on it, find it in the dark and see how to plug other cords into it....I have several of these.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of extension cords have LEDs in them these days. They are basically pilot lights. This thing is distinctly being marketed as a flashlight on ACE's web site and packaging and it is being touted as putting out "50 Lumens". Your quote from Amazon is pretty funny, Sway. "Bright LED makes is (sic) easy to find the extension cord at night" assumes you've already got the ACE LED Flashlight Extension Cord Adapter plugged in. :)

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not sure why I need one, but I do. It does fall in my price point for weird LED lights that I seem to accumulate.

Geoff

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
That is going to be my new EDC flashlight, my friends will be so jealous.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Sorry guys I had to:devil: