Magicshine 868

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one, it is my first Magicshine light as I am just getting back into biking. One question to any users out there...does the o-ring mounting system really work? I was kind of sceptical by the design as opposed to a rigid mount or something that requires a tool to tighten.

Also, does anyone have this light yet? There are not many reviews online so I felt I was kind of taking a leap of faith on it.

Thanks

ttoshi

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the older Magicshine lights. They are very bright and work quite well. The o-ring ripped when I mounted the Magicshine after not too many uses, so I would carry a spare with you. In fact, I replaced the O-ring with a more heavy duty one similar to what you would get with a DiNotte light mount. I feel much more confident about those. The Magicshine O-rings that I received felt much softer and had a weaker feel to them (as borne out with the break after minimal use).

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
To sort of update...I got the MS 868 into today. Wow, this thing is bright by all standards. Great little compact light. As far as the mounting, I tinkered a bit and found that taking the clip part off of a Niterider Classic Dual beam (I guess any Niterider model with the same kind of clip would work) you can swap the curved mount on the MS with the clip from the Niterider. This allows one to use the Niterider clamp mount and it slides right in as if it were a Niterider model. I am much more happy with this and it feels much more secure.

Thought I would share as I could not find much info on the light itself. If you were on the fence about it take the plunge, it is well worth it.

pushy

Newly Enlightened
Please, if there are people coming towards you where you ride, point those lights down and make a shroud/hood to shield the part of the beam that goes skyward. Have a look at the light from 50-100feet away and you'll see what I mean.