Thread: Best AAA battery for ITP A3 EOS and Illuminati Al

Enlightened

Default Best AAA battery for ITP A3 EOS and Illuminati Al

Hi all,

I'm still confused on the different batteries available. What I've learned so far is that alkaline are no good ...for the two AAA keychain lights I'm about to purchase, what is the ideal battery I should buy with it?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the basic question...

Flashaholic

Default Re: Best AAA battery for ITP A3 EOS and Illuminati Al

I mostly prefer to just use AAA Eneloop rechargeable NiMH batteries in mine.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    ....what is the ideal battery I should buy with it?
    Depends on your usage:

Rechargeable Sanyo eneloops (the 1500 cycle version is considered best by most people) if you use your light a lot and therefore go through a lot of batteries.

Primary Lithiums (eg Energizer L92s) if you don't use it much or if you want to use it in very low temperatures.

If you are uncertain try an L92 initially and see how long it lasts (unless you already have eneloops).
    WTB Any Brand locking pliers multitool, Kershaw Bit Kit, leather sheath

Enlightened

Thanks a lot for your advice. I ordered the L92 to start with.

Nimh rechargeables work in the A3.
    no remorse when using the lamp.
    when it's drowned, recharge the cell.

it's free.

Energizer ultimate lithium

Flashaholic*

I carry one A3 on my house key-ring and one on my car key-ring ... Both have AAA Eneloops fitted ... If one torch dies , there is always the other ... If the second also dies , there is always an ITP A2 in my inside pocket ... These torches don't get a lot of use and I tend to totally forget about their batteries ... It is a good job that they all contain LSD batteries as it is sometimes only once a year that they get topped-up or charged ... Even after a year or so of occasional use , it doesn't take long to charge up the Eneloops ... I carry a stock of Lithium AA's and AAA's in my car glove box (for my car torches) and if necessary I could use one of those in an ITP torch ... That hasn't happened yet though.

My car torches both have Lithium batteries ... One has three AAA's and the other has a single AA ... I carry several Lithium spares , just in case ... The spares are dated 2023 , so they will stay in the car almost forever ! ... I do check the car torches before Winter (usually) or they get used if I drop a sweet on the floor ... Can't let the Wife find any sweets as I would get told off.