Fenix HL30

arizona1

Newly Enlightened
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Found some pictures of the Fenix HL30. Looks interesting. Im looking forward to when it comes out.

Last edited:

a_b

Newly Enlightened
Weight 86g. without batteries, spec. two AA batteries, TIR optics. Аnnouncement soon.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I remember a 2XAA fenix headlamp that never came out. I really wanted it so maybe this one will fit the bill but like the first I am not getting my hopes up until it is for sale.

vēer

Newly Enlightened
Looks like poorly built POS, probably will cost around 40$ while be worth 10$ in real life.
Just look at those pictures from the other site, it looks cheap and the person, who made those pictures complains regarding battery cover, pivot mechanism.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting for Fenix to understand the utility of a flood light. They seem stuck on spot headlamps.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say for sure, they're got the beam aimed in a really unhelpful angle... looks like it's half on the corner of the wall, and half projecting down the hallway, making it virtually impossible to get a good idea of what the beam profile is like.

I also agree with Bolster on his comment about Fenix and their obsession with throwy headlamps... don't they get that most people use a flood beam for a headlamp rather than a spot beam? :shakehead

Freely

Newly Enlightened
I'd rather have a spot headlamp with a good diffuser for flood.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
I'd rather have a spot headlamp with a good diffuser for flood.

you know me too i guess. but i also wish headlamp makers would figure out that for the average user, even though spot and flood are both needed, flood is what is needed more often and spot is only used sporadically. most headlamps that are available now sort of have flood as an afterthought. these guys need to spend more time working on the diffusers and making the flood beam fit to be the primary beam option.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Hard to say for sure, they're got the beam aimed in a really unhelpful angle... looks like it's half on the corner of the wall, and half projecting down the hallway, making it virtually impossible to get a good idea of what the beam profile is like.

I also agree with Bolster on his comment about Fenix and their obsession with throwy headlamps... don't they get that most people use a flood beam for a headlamp rather than a spot beam? :shakehead

I rather like the throw of a fenix headlamp as it is unlike my other headlamps. Works great for those blue/white blazes at distance. For in camp give me a ZL any day.