First Surefire and a few questions...

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am trying to break into the "big show". I am thinking of a Surefire L4 together with a KL1 head ( the KL1 for a bit more time with "useable light"...).

It appears that there is a generic battery body a "UBH". Is the UBH available?

Would it be safe to use a three CR123 UBH and the L4/KL1 Bezel?

There appears to be a E2C adaptor that would allow say a KL3 on the L4.

Where would one find such an adaptor?

I hope I got all of the buzzwords in the right order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for any help....

--Jerry

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, welcome GrayFox! I see you're bitten by the bug many times over already and your first jump is into Surefires... Well, all I can say is Good Luck, cos you're gonna need it with your bank account!

As to your questions, I will try my best to answer them, but the rest should be along shortly to give you more answers too.

UBH- Do a search in the B/S/T thread, think I saw a couple for sale the other day. Also there's another thread from another CPFer (sorry I can't remember who exactly) who actually manufactures these UBHs and he's the man you'd need to contact to purchase these.

3 123A batts for KL1 is ok, as far as the general consensus goes, gives a better runtime too. Take a look at Roy's runtime plots for the UBH with 1,2 or 3 123s, as well as other lights as well. The 3 batts on the KL4 does not come recommended, as there could be heat issues on that.

E2C adaptor- see 1st answer.

Well, hope the answers help, and enjoy your stay here. Remember, if in doubt, just Buy 'em both!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Edit: Now I found the link in Modder's B/S/T for the E2C. Dspeck makes em... Just click here to view the page. Dspeck's the man to contact for those UBHs as well, if I'm not wrong...

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
3x123 is not recommended for the KL4, though it is fine for the KL1 and the KL3.

BTW, there's no advantage of using the E2C and a KL3 over just a KL1. The KL3 is MUCH bigger.