LA Police Gear
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Spark SD6 is pressing so much the battery

Default Re: My Spark SD6 is pressing so much the battery

Quote Originally Posted by Changchung View Post
    Another one with this kind of issue... I think that the principal problem here is the small space inside and hard springs that dont leave room enough to fit protected batteries

SFMI4UT
    I think so too. I think Spark should slightly lengthen the tube into which the battery fits. I put a ruler inside my Spark SD6-460NW in order to measure the depth of the tube. It was 68mm deep. My AW 18650 protected cell was between 66 and 67mm long. My AW 18650 cell sank 1 to 2 mm below the open end of the flashlight.

I wonder if the Spark factory has ever varied the length of the tube into which the battery fits? If the factory has varied the length, it might explain why some of us have Spark SD6 flashlights with tubes which are too short, while others apparently have Spark SD6 flashlights with tubes of adequate length.
    Last edited by Diatom; 04-26-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Expansion of ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Diatom View Post
    I think so too. I think Spark should slightly lengthen the tube into which the battery fits. My AW cell was between 66 and 67mm long. I wonder if the Spark factory has already varied the length of the tube into which the battery fits? If the factory has already varied the length, it might explain why some of us have Spark SD6 flashlights with tubes which are too short, while others apparently have Spark SD6 flashlights with tubes of adequate length.
    For that reason I send mine back, maybe I received next week, I will see if that one had more room inside, like you say, they have to fit that and make it big to fit large batteries like the H600...

SFMI4UT
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Default Re: My Spark SD6 is pressing so much the battery

Update, I receive the light, my protected batteries fit a little better, tight yet, well, I will had to try the small 18650 in the market... BTW, still waiting for the reflector, I must received it with the light but was not sent...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...