Looking for a new 2xAA Thrower

marcis

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I have been updating my lights this year and my 2xAA Thrower is next in line for replacement. I will be using this for hiking/camping/night time fishing, things like that. I have a zebralight h51f for floody needs, I will be ordering a Spark SD73 in about a week. So what is the best 2xAA thrower available right now ? I would love the zebralight q50 but this company is just taking to long to get that (and the H502) released.

Thanks in advance for your time

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
dereelight javelin
lumintop l2a
quark aa2 turbo
jetbeam jet 1 pro ex v2 (xr-e)

Last edited:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac P100a xp-e
Fenix TK20 (if you can find one. Marketplace has 1 for sale right now)
Dereeligh Javelin xp-e drop-in
2AA Maglite Pro or Maglite Pro + ((can focus the beam into a narrow beam) (Pro + is the one with a low mode) (do a search here and you can get some info on it.)

Last edited:

jonocom

Newly Enlightened
+1 for IFD2 due its design quality and infinite ring adjustment. But its quite pricey tho

Trevtrain

Enlightened
The best I have found for running on 2xAA batteries is the Nitecore Infilux IFD2 R5 and the Fenix LD20.

I have the IFD2 and while it is a great and very versatile light it is certainly not a thrower. It sends out a wall of light but something with a bigger reflector diameter is realistically the only way to get good throw from a AA light.

Latest posts