ArmyTek
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Default Re: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerregal View Post
    The new clicky-version seems to have a user-interface like quarks and additional moonlight mode, so it has to have a new circuit. so if you buy the additional clicky-tube for your twisty, i dont think you will have the full functionality of the new clickys...
    The clicky's will have a moon light mode? If so, that's great news as the low on my D25LC2 appears to be 10 lumens or so.

I'm so happy to have stumbled across this thread!!! On the other hand, EagleTac might not be as pleased- because now I'll be holding off on buying any of the D25 MINI lights until the click versions are released. It'll take a lot of discipline not to get one of the current D25 MINI models to hold me over though

Thanks Danielight for getting word from EagleTac on when we can expect something new.

I agree with shelm and Fitz.... anyone else itchin' for a D25C MINI/NEUTRAL XM-L T6/FWD CLICK/WITH REVERSIBLE CLIP?

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +

Heard a couple EagleTac things through the grapevine {needs to be confirmed, of course}

~ Current D25 series owners will be able to purchase just the clicky battery tubes
    ~ Neutral T6 bin XM-L coming, likely in the 3C tint range

//
    orbital, that seems like great news. I'm still trying to learn more about lights... does this mean that I could purchase a D25C MINI now and later just attach the upcoming clicky-tube to the current XP-G head? ...similar to swapping a PREON 2 clicky onto a Preon 1 head?

FYI, HERE is EagleTac's 2012 catalog. For the D25 clicky series, it says:

- Five output brightness and seven hidden auxiliary modes
    - Rotary head designed to instantly switch between Hi and Low output
    - Programmable moon-mode, output group, and memory setting
    - Ultra compact design with reversed clicky switch

There's a specs chart for the general stats, but no details on the lumen spacing or how programing will work. Max lumens, min runtimes look the same as the current twisty.

Sounds like a Quark clone to me. Anyone know how their customer service is? The warranty at eagletac-usa.com says limited lifetime to the original purchaser.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    Sounds like a Quark clone to me.
    the biggest plus is 18650-support on D25LC2 without an ugly and too long tube like the quarks, which doubles runtime compared to 17670. And XP-G @ 1,5amp gives lots of lumens with decent throw (doubled throw compared to the quark X 123x2). i like an emitter driven to its limits more than an underdriven one.

Exclamation Re: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +

Heard a couple EagleTac things through the grapevine {needs to be confirmed, of course}

~ Current D25 series owners will be able to purchase just the clicky battery tubes
    ~ Neutral T6 bin XM-L coming, likely in the 3C tint range //
    UPDATE: Today I heard from an EagleTac customer rep who said, "Yes, the clicky switch will be available but not include the clicky tube. And I believe next month you will be know the price."

My questions to the CR were: " if I want to change my D25LC2 over to a clicky model, would that be a simple matter of unscrewing the tailcap from the light and replacing it with the clicky switch? And if that's the case, since the existing tailcap has the pocket clip screwed into it, would there be a place on the clicky switch tailcap to screw in the pocket clip?"

Will keep you posted as to what the CR's response is.

Great question Danielight...that's exactly what I want to know.

Flashaholic

Gentlmen, I'm a flashlight nut and this is my first post here.
    I have been reading in this forum for some time now and have not
    seen any opinions on Eagle Tac thread engagement. Maybe a little off topic but
    Eagle Tac fans should be reading here so here goes.

What I'm coming from is that I just bought a Olight M30 Triton and its tailcap
    engagement is terrible. I fear that I will get it stripped out after a few battery
    changes because there are only 2 full threads engaged plus its slopy and cross thready
    if you are not careful.

Now looking at EagleTac D25C2 and wondering how it is for machinemanship
    (is that a word?). Has anyone had trouble threading the tailcap on?

Flashaholic*

danielight
    as previously mentioned - optional clicky tubes WILL be available to purchase to convert your twisty D25 into a clicky...
    I personally had both a twisty and a clicky version D25 in my hand and tested the body switch out last January.

unscrew one body and switch to the other - simple as that (the clicky body will include the pocket clip).
    The tail switch will then function the light like the twisting currently does - ie. click/momentary the switch on until reaching desired level (the head remains tight).

to lwknight: I don't think you will find any posts anywhere about sloppy EagleTac build quality - they are known for their high level of quality.

Cheers
    Tod

Quote Originally Posted by Danielight View Post
    UPDATE: Today I heard from an EagleTac customer rep who said, "Yes, the clicky switch will be available but not include the clicky tube. And I believe next month you will be know the price."

My questions to the CR were: " if I want to change my D25LC2 over to a clicky model, would that be a simple matter of unscrewing the tailcap from the light and replacing it with the clicky switch? And if that's the case, since the existing tailcap has the pocket clip screwed into it, would there be a place on the clicky switch tailcap to screw in the pocket clip?"

Will keep you posted as to what the CR's response is.
    the reality of life... 50% +/- of it will be in darkness(unless you have a light!) dba
    - compare lights

Arrow Re: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Tod, thanks for updating my update from the EagleTac rep ... your info was helpful and encouraging. Hopefully the clicky tube/switch will arrive soon. And I'll second your response to lwknight: the quality of the EagleTac D25LC2 is excellent. I have had no problems with sloppy threads, even though the twisty action is smooth enough to operate with one hand.

Somebody at EagleTac needs a spell checker...

3 brightness lebels? :-)

A D25 in Ti with clicky, moonlight, and XM-L would get my money for sure. That would be a difficult light to keep in stock assuming the price is within the ballpark.

Flashaholic*

When? and who will be the first that I can get them from?

Tod at IlluminationGear, who posted just above, will probably be one of the first. I can verify he provides excellent service.
    Functioning Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaZen View Post
    Tod at IlluminationGear, who posted just above, will probably be one of the first. I can verify he provides excellent service.
    I'll second that!

+

Yeppers,
    ...Tod does a great job and he gave me the EagleTac info on my post # 26

I couldn't be happier with my D25LC2 mini. I can't fault it at all in any department. The build is superb, the beam pure white (S2), the overall fit and finish is as good as it gets. I would like to have the low mode a true moonlight but as an EDC it is a very useful tool. The clip functions perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky's Magic View Post
    I couldn't be happier with my D25LC2 mini. I can't fault it at all in any department. The build is superb, the beam pure white (S2), the overall fit and finish is as good as it gets. I would like to have the low mode a true moonlight but as an EDC it is a very useful tool. The clip functions perfectly.
    Love mine too, but do have 2 minor complaints...my beam is clearly greenish on l,m,h (but whiter on turbo) and the low mode looks to be about 10 lumens and I wish that were lower.

I have been holding off my purchase on Jetbeam PC10 until a review was done here..and now that Selfbuilt has completed a review on PC10 and i have told myself that indeed PC10 is the right one for me...i came across this thread about D25 with clicky... So many choices..so few dollars in wallet.

Also just got confirmation direct from EagleTac:

"Yes, the new D25 with clicky will be released at the end of this month. Alse have a XM-L bulb."
    Although no mention of a moonlight mode, which I specifically asked about, so that seems like an unknown.

Question Re: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus View Post
    Also just got confirmation direct from EagleTac:

Although no mention of a moonlight mode, which I specifically asked about, so that seems like an unknown.
    Did they happen to mention whether they were also releasing just the clicky battery tube at that time? Those of us who already have the twisty model might be interested in swapping out the tube while using the same head.

Flashaholic*

the hold up of the moment is lack of holsters for the (longer) D25 clicky models -
    please standby - ET expects to begin shipping to dealers by "end of month"...

Cheers
    Tod
    the reality of life... 50% +/- of it will be in darkness(unless you have a light!) dba
    - compare lights

Arrow Re: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Quote Originally Posted by lebox97 View Post
    the hold up of the moment is lack of holsters for the (longer) D25 clicky models -
    please standby - ET expects to begin shipping to dealers by "end of month"...

Cheers
    Tod
    Interesting, since the holster that came with the twisty model is a bit too deep. I would think that the holster would fit quite well after adding the clicky tube (unless it's that much longer than the twisty).

Came across a link to the 2012 catalog:

http://www.eagletac-usa.com/docs/ETCatalog2012.pdf

"Programmable moon-mode, output group, and memory setting"

I am all in on this news. A compact clicky with these features sounds perfect. EagleTac is rolling!
    Last edited by AlphaZen; 03-08-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Functioning Flashaholic

The hold up is due to the holsters??

Am I the only one who thinks shipping holsters with these lights is kind of crazy anyway? These are some of the smallest lights of this type and they come with an awesome deep carry pocket clip attached - who is sticking this in a holster on their belt? Why not get a bigger light if you are going to do that. IMO - they should eliminate the holster and decrease the price by a couple bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post

Am I the only one who thinks shipping holsters with these lights is kind of crazy anyway? These are some of the smallest lights of this type and they come with an awesome deep carry pocket clip attached - who is sticking this in a holster on their belt? Why not get a bigger light if you are going to do that. IMO - they should eliminate the holster and decrease the price by a couple bucks.
    +1
    Functioning Flashaholic

I personally like having more carry options so I appreciate having a holster even though I may not use it. Also, there are more ways to use a holster than just sticking it on your belt, for instance using them with a carabiner makes them infinitely more useful. I wouldn't be willing to give up having a holster just to save a couple bucks, to me it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lebox97 View Post
    ..- ET expects to begin shipping to dealers by "end of month"...

Cheers
    Tod
    +

Hiya Tod,..what can you tell us about the Low Mode {Lowest Mode} on the new D25s'?

thanks
    Last edited by orbital; 03-09-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: arrrrrr spelling

I'm not against a holster, but what I can't understand is the logic to make the holster so darn big on such a small light. I really love my D25LC2 and it's truly converted me to EagleTacs, but my one main gripe is the holster.

I also own a Klarus NT20, this light is taller and wider than the D25LC2, however holster to holster the EagleTac suddenly seems to be 40-50% more bulk.

For storage or maybe attaching to bag I can the holster might be ok (and it is nicely made), but for putting on your belt when the light is so tiny just has me totally confused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast