Where can I get a 9P bored to

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Well I was also wondering will the length be fine? As far as I know 3 CR123's=2 18500's but thats only in lights made for them I have never delt with mods before. Also whats my options for bulbs? and would I need a head with more heat sinking?

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I use two 17500s in my my 9P, so I would expect that they will be ok, but I've never used IMR 18500s so I can't be 100% sure there isn't any slight variation in the length.

As for bulb options, I'd suggest looking at the lumens factory D26 lamps.

You could use the IMR-9, you'd only get about 20 minutes I think, but it would be very bright.

Or you could get the EO-9 or HO-9.

yifu

Enlightened

yifu

Enlightened
And hardcore hotwires would know that the E09 or the H09 are not very bright, the brightest option would be to get a D26 socket/reflector from FiveMega here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-FM-D26-Bi-Pin-socket-Reflector-Ready-to-ship
and either a 1185 or a 1794 bulb from the cpfmarketplace. Both are around 1000 lumens and still have the same runtimes as the H09, because they are halogens, not xenons and therefore more efficient.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
So lumens factory or 1794? Man lumens factory has a ton of lower output bulbs which I will get one for longer run times but what should I get for my Super high-output monster?

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
And hardcore hotwires would know that the E09 or the H09 are not very bright, the brightest option would be to get a D26 socket/reflector from FiveMega here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-FM-D26-Bi-Pin-socket-Reflector-Ready-to-ship
and either a 1185 or a 1794 bulb from the cpfmarketplace. Both are around 1000 lumens and still have the same runtimes as the H09, because they are halogens, not xenons and therefore more efficient.
Will the beam still have a good profile making my own drop in like that? Are all Lumensfactory bulbs xenon?