• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How best to buy a neutral/warm SS eiger with QTC

combinatorix

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I have had my interest piqued towards the possibility of getting a Peak Eiger with this new QTC system. However, the different websites have me floundering as to what the best direction is, and what's the best way to go.

I have, envisioned in my mind, the new keychain light I want:
-Peak Eiger with QTC
-Can take AAA or 10440 batteries
-Stainless Steel
-Neutral or High-CRI LED

1) Is it even possible to order this through Peak's maze of a website?

2) If I order through RMSK, does the Eiger X take any battery other than 10440?

3) Does RMSK offer SS eigers with warm/neutral LEDs?

4) Is Overready a reliable dealer - in all this reading I haven't seen much about them other than some mix-ups in specific orders?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks much!

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order from Overready or RMSK.
Eiger X is 10440 only.
High CRI is pretty warm, no neutrals yet, except special order from Peak themselves and this can take months.
Peak's website is basically abandoned, see above.

Enjoy....

Denix

Newly Enlightened
RMSK doesn't ship to Canada, so I ordered my Logan from Overready. It arrived promptly, and was very well packaged. I'd order from them again without any hesitation.

Guy

combinatorix

Newly Enlightened
Overready was out of stock of the 10440 heads, so with the help of Bob I have ordered what I wanted from RMSK.

Placed an order for some AW batteries, next step to find a suitable charger :)

jorgen

Enlightened
I ordered a neutral HA Eiger from Bob at RMSK. Shipping was only $9 compared to the $16 I used to pay.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I got a neutral eiger from Peaks website a couple months ago.

jorgen

Enlightened
Neutral?!!! :huh: When did he get these in? I know of cool white, and High CRI. If he's got neutrals, he's also got a few sales. :naughty:

Dunno, I was looking around the RMSK site and stumbled upon them.

jorgen

Enlightened
Neutral Eiger arrived today. The temperature of the beam is on the cool side of neutral. It's much cooler than my Zebralight neutral which always looked too warm to my eye.
Though not as bright as a cool white, this Eiger's beam is flawless as usual and red and yellow colors pop.
My only disappointment is that the head shows some deep dents beneath the HA coating. Since all my other peaks are brass or SS, I don't know if this is typical but I don't like it.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today also, SS lug style! :thumbsup: Nice color and flawless beam. the threading on the head is a bit longer than my previous Eigers, so the o-ring just barely is covered. Time for a little sanding, then re-mark the brass so I don't forget which is which.

combinatorix

Newly Enlightened
Yup, have been liking my Peak so far. Very nice little unit, I am happy with the SS as it won't get beat up so bad on my keychain like all the aluminum ones.

The only thing I'd like to try is a narrow beam head instead of the medium. I wouldn't call the medium floody but I think the hotspot is larger than it needs to be, which results in me turning the light to a higher power than I might with a narrower beam. It is looking like these Peak heads are pretty much unopenable without destructive means, so I guess I will just have to wait for a narrow/SS/neutral head becomes available :)