Which Clickys fit Z41s?

jgang

Newly Enlightened
I've spent 3 days searching and can't find what I'm looking for. I ordered half a dozen clickys from Lighthound for $6/each, but upon receipt, found they were for e-series lights. The only P/C/Z series replacement switches I can find are the $23-25 brass switches, almost as much as a good used Z58 or Z59.

SO....is there an economical ($10-12) clicky that can be screwed into a Z41 tailcap or not? Having to buy one or two of the brass switches is OK, but when you need 6-7, it gets impractically expensive.

I'm pretty sure this has been well discussed before, but despite my lenghy searchs, I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for......maybe it doesn't exist....

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
The McClicky is one of the best and should run at around 15 dollars. It's actually better than a stock Z59 both in terms of feel as well as having a lower measure resistance (more efficient).

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want "P/C/Z series replacement switches" you can buy Solarforce L2-S1 "Stock" Tail cap for $6.99 each, but it got reverse clicky.
The McClicky at oveready is $22.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
what you need to install your mcclckies is the swicth retaining rings inside the solarforce tailcaps like the original L2.....
The rings has a ledge in the inside where a ring isolator fits....it is just right for the McClikie....

in effect it is a cheap Overeaqdy brass ring.

I have installed one in an oveready tailcap this way..too bad I did not take pics

yifu

Enlightened
Well, other than the McClicky, the Netkidz or the Kroll switch fits the Z41 as well, but you'll have to dig them out as they are rather hard to find.