Now offering: HDS, Nitecore, and Novatac mods

jake royston

Enlightened
Getting back to Mods: HDS, Nitecore, Sunwayman, Novatac, and more!

I've been out of the flashlight community for a while, but ive slowly been making more time in my schedule for lights and realized how much i miss modifying and upgrading my lights, so i would like to start offering my services once again! The list below of previous mods is not very up to date, as i have gained much experience in modding my own lights. I have done more lights than i can keep track of so if you have something in mind thats not mentioned below, do not hesitate to send me a PM to see if we can work something out!

A few members have asked me to do mods for them, so....here they are
I try to price these mods as fairly as i can, and i use quality solder, flux, arctic silver 5 or arctic alumina thermal adhesive (depending on the light), and teflon or silicone wire. PM me with what you want, and ill give you an exact price.

I can mod newer HDS lights with ACME threads, and the older RA lights version with screw on clips. these can be modded to XP-G, XP-E, or XM-L. These are more difficult mods. These mods will run between $40-$70.

heres an XM-L modded HDS rotary
IMAG1251-1.jpg

heres an RA twisty i modded to Luxeon K2 UVOE

IMAG0764-1.jpg

I can mod the Nitecore PD series lights. ( D10, EX10, D11, EX11, etc.) these are easier mods and will run between $20-$35.
here is a Nitecore D11V2 modded to Nichia 219 Hi CRI
IMAG1701-1.jpg

IMAG1704-1.jpg

heres a nitecore D10 that i modded to XM-L
IMAG0310-1.jpg

Heres a nitecore EX10 modded from OSRAM golden dragon to XM-L
IMAG1278-1.jpg

I can also mod Novatac lights to XM-L, Luxeon K2, and XP-G/ XP-E

heres a novatac i modded with a luxeon K2 UVOE
IMAG0440-1.jpg

I ask that you supply parts, and return shipping. Im going to limit myself to 1-2 lights at a time to ensure quality work and quick turnaround (1-2 days)

Pm me if your interested,
Jake

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the reflector need to be modified when upgrading to XM-L?

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm tempted to ask you to upgrade one of my Ra Twisty's (not Rotary) to XM-L. Have you done this mod before? How did it turn out? Was the beam all flood? I'd like to maintain some throw, and I have a feeling the increases lumens would allow that even with some decrease in beam tightness, but I'd like to be sure before I do it, of course.

Thanks!

jake royston

Enlightened
I'm tempted to ask you to upgrade one of my Ra Twisty's (not Rotary) to XM-L. Have you done this mod before? How did it turn out? Was the beam all flood? I'd like to maintain some throw, and I have a feeling the increases lumens would allow that even with some decrease in beam tightness, but I'd like to be sure before I do it, of course.

Thanks!
PM sent.

ill be starting and maintaining a list of who has requested to have their lights modded in the OP.

davyro

Enlightened
Hi Jake i've just tried to buy a 120 clicky legacy version on the market place i think i've got it,i was wondering if thats the case would you be able to put an XP-G R5 or an XML in it for me.thanks

flat-ray

Enlightened
I recently purchased a Novatac 120 Spec Ops. I would like to mod with an XPG R5 or R4 neutral. Is it a possible mod? I am waiting the spare parts.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, XML is easiest to find an 8mm PCB, if you can find an xpg on an 8mm board I can do.

Jake,
With some patience and a dremel tool you can work a 10mm board down to fit into the 8mm opening on the NovaTac or HDS Legacy SSC p4 opening.
Here is an XM-L on a reshaped 10mm board in a NovaTac 120P module.

Yes it's more work but works great if you just have to have an XP-G (HCRI for example).

You do EXCELLENT work by the way! :twothumbs for Jake.

Jamie

Last edited:

moeman

Enlightened
Hi I have a HDS RA Twisty 100 and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade the LED to a XM-L? What kind of increase am I looking at?
Thanks,
Chris

jake royston

Enlightened
id say yes it is worth it, id estimate it to be around 200 lumens or more, but will have a wider hotspot.
if you want to maintain a similar beam pattern that it has now (assuming its stock) id suggest an xpg.