Replacement Battery for a Kodak DX7590

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive battery for a Kodak DX7590 (purchased some years ago from a member here).

I did in the past buy a third party battery from a Chinese seller, the only problem was the camera recognises the battery as being not original. I just wanted to be sure before I buy another battery it is going to work.

I know the camera is dated, but it is perfect for taking photos destined for the web, it can be used in manual mode, great for beam shots etc.

TIA Norm

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a DX7590 with a few extra batteries. I can send one or two your way in a few weeks. I am in Florida and my DX7590 is retired in NY. have your tried EBAY? that is where I got my extras.

I just took a quick look on EBAY, there are lots of batteries listed for the 7590. Some from Hong Kong, they will ship internationally. Some are 'Kodak' batteries

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the offer Will, because of the postage to Australia I will try and source a battery closer to home.

My main concern was finding a battery that won't be rejected by the camera, I'd happily buy from eBay if I was sure the battery would work.

Norm

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not have any problems with the non-Kodak batteries I bought. You may have just received a 'bad' battery. By the way, that DX 7590 is really a good little camera. I used mine for a few years. I liked the manual settings and the fact that I could use an external flash. The picture I use here for my user ID was taken with that camera.

If you get stuck - let me know..

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks Will, I'll order a battery and see how it works out. I tried two batteries from the same source, he replaced my first battery when I had problems with the first.

Thanks Norm

Edit: just purchased a genuine Kodak battery for about A$12 about double the price of a clone battery, I should have searched first but was put off by my previous experience, although that was a few years ago.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully - the problems you had were with the batteries and not the camera..

Norm

Retired Administrator
Never had a problem with the original battery Will other than it being worn out.

I'll post back when it arrives.

Norm