Banggood Network

Thread: PD 32 as a bike light? Solar Force LP1??

Default PD 32 as a bike light? Solar Force LP1??

just got my bike back from shop
    gonna throw my fat axx over it so i can live long enough to buy more:
    -lights
    -watches
    -hawaiian shirts
    knives and .....

so
    just got a new fenix pd 32
    will i bounce this to pieces

how 'bout my solar force??

any first hand info??

i know fenix has a handle bar mount
    no clue on the SF

thanx in advance gents

bw

Default Re: PD 32 as a bike light? Solar Force LP1??

I think the PD32 can handle the abuse of being a bike light. The light may blink off and on depending on the force of impact since the positive contact to the battery is not a spring. I have the PD32 and use a Jetbeam ST Cycler for my mountain bike. Springs on both positive and negative contacts.

I have the PD32. It works great as a bike light. It is far brighter than the LD20, and it doesn't have the issue where bumps would cause it to change modes because the mode switch is not integrated with the on/off switch, but a separate button on the flashlight body. It has a sturdy on-off button and has never switched due to a bump. I use the twofish lockblock as a mount.

Toshi

Quote Originally Posted by ttoshi View Post
    I have the PD32. It works great as a bike light. It is far brighter than the LD20, and it doesn't have the issue where bumps would cause it to change modes because the mode switch is not integrated with the on/off switch, but a separate button on the flashlight body. It has a sturdy on-off button and has never switched due to a bump. I use the twofish lockblock as a mount.

Toshi
    Are you using CR123s or an 18650 battery? What run times do you get? Thanks.

I'm using a Panasonic 18650 with the light and have not tested the runtime. It was reported to be ~3 h on high, but I have not gone much over 1 hour on high...

Toshi

Quote Originally Posted by ttoshi View Post

Toshi
    Dude
    thanx SO much for the twofish info
    got it a couple of days ago
    it holds all my lights
    and i can see all the way to tomarrow
    bw