PD 32 as a bike light? Solar Force LP1??

billwilson

Newly Enlightened
just got my bike back from shop
gonna throw my fat axx over it so i can live long enough to buy more:
-lights
-watches
-hawaiian shirts
knives and .....

so
just got a new fenix pd 32
will i bounce this to pieces

how 'bout my solar force??

any first hand info??

i know fenix has a handle bar mount
no clue on the SF

thanx in advance gents

bw

buds224

Enlightened
I think the PD32 can handle the abuse of being a bike light. The light may blink off and on depending on the force of impact since the positive contact to the battery is not a spring. I have the PD32 and use a Jetbeam ST Cycler for my mountain bike. Springs on both positive and negative contacts.

ttoshi

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD32. It works great as a bike light. It is far brighter than the LD20, and it doesn't have the issue where bumps would cause it to change modes because the mode switch is not integrated with the on/off switch, but a separate button on the flashlight body. It has a sturdy on-off button and has never switched due to a bump. I use the twofish lockblock as a mount.

Toshi

z-machine

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD32. It works great as a bike light. It is far brighter than the LD20, and it doesn't have the issue where bumps would cause it to change modes because the mode switch is not integrated with the on/off switch, but a separate button on the flashlight body. It has a sturdy on-off button and has never switched due to a bump. I use the twofish lockblock as a mount.

Toshi

Are you using CR123s or an 18650 battery? What run times do you get? Thanks.

ttoshi

Newly Enlightened
I'm using a Panasonic 18650 with the light and have not tested the runtime. It was reported to be ~3 h on high, but I have not gone much over 1 hour on high...

Toshi

billwilson

Newly Enlightened

Toshi

Dude
thanx SO much for the twofish info
got it a couple of days ago
it holds all my lights
and i can see all the way to tomarrow :)
bw