TnC makes the best P60-compatible heads

fyrstormer

Banned
Just thought I'd contribute a little free advertising with a couple pictures of my latest TnC toy. :D

CIMG5075.jpg

CIMG5081.jpg

It's a combination of a Ti E2C adaptor and a Ti V3 head, making a fully-self-contained P60-compatible head that fits on any E-series battery tube. This thing is seriously well-built. I'm not sure it would be possible for me to break it without killing myself in the process.

fyrstormer

Banned
There are more pictures in the General Flashlight forum; I didn't want to duplicate that thread here.

It's a great head, and all the heatsinking cuts make it weigh noticeably less than it looks like it should. It took my Dereelight XM-L drop-in from being hotter than my Torch Lab Tri-XPG to being cooler. (I have a bit of Arctic Silver 5 smeared around the tapered part of the reflector where it butts against the E2C adaptor, to improve heatsinking; I did the same with the Tri-XPG, but it has a lot more contacting surface area to work with.) The added thermal mass makes a significant difference, both for heat dissipation and for isolating the heat in the head instead of letting it spread to the hand-grip.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
That combination looks really good.

I will be making a few extras of these V3 heads with the run of 18650 lights I am working on.

fyrstormer

Banned
Heh, I just saw your post TnC. Strange that I missed it before, but at least I managed to order a second V3 head anyway :D Titanium may not be the best-conducting metal on earth, but purely subjectively, I think your design outstrips everything except the Cryos bezel for heatsinking capacity, and it will never ever break. Well done sir.