Sunwayman M11R is here!

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Anyone else order yet?

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201202/79.html

In natural, tan and dark gray, yay!

I'm starting to like Sunwayman more than Fenix...

d83a5866-5f42-4d5e.jpg

EDIT: I had a bunch of high CRI Quark and Preons which were just dumped from the shopping cart. Sorry 4sevens!

Last edited:

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks good, I have been looking at sunwayman lights. Its time for a new light i'm still rocking my "OG" E1B,,just getting chracter now
004-8.jpg

003-10.jpg

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you guys seeing it available to be ordered? All I can find is the product page (that the OP linked to) and the product announcement on CPFMP.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
It's an arbitrary name. It will be on the production lights.

Mr_Moe

Newly Enlightened
So if I get this right you actually have to cycle through all the modes to get to high? I really like the look of the light but think it's a step in the wrong direction. The lack of a tailswitch makes the light less practical than the other SWM lights. What I like about the V20A or M20A and the similar lights is that you can actually set the ring to a setting and needn't turn the light on to do so. Interestingly the new magnetic control ring design, with the knurling, looks similar to Nitecore's magnetic control rings.
"Equipped with superior circuit, the standby current of the M11R is as low as 50μA, almost no need to worry about how long the light can maintain at standby mode, far ahead of its competitors in the market." Ha, exciting!

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was going to have the infinitely-variable brightness magnetic ring control.
While I think their 3 brightness selections are ok, that wasn't what I was expecting. If we're going to have a ring, then let's have the function of the ring like they have on the V10R. They obviously know how to do it.

Anyway, it's a pretty nice light in other regards, but I'm not buying it until it has the infinite brightness control like the V10R. Maybe that will be the V11R or something like that. That will be what I want.

snakyjake

Enlightened
So if I get this right you actually have to cycle through all the modes to get to high? I really like the look of the light but think it's a step in the wrong direction. The lack of a tailswitch makes the light less practical than the other SWM lights. What I like about the V20A or M20A and the similar lights is that you can actually set the ring to a setting and needn't turn the light on to do so. Interestingly the new magnetic control ring design, with the knurling, looks similar to Nitecore's magnetic control rings.
"Equipped with superior circuit, the standby current of the M11R is as low as 50μA, almost no need to worry about how long the light can maintain at standby mode, far ahead of its competitors in the market." Ha, exciting!

The advantage of not having a tailswitch is the size.
For operation, I prefer all my lights to start low, as I want the lowest setting to provide the necessary light.
I hope the control ring is super smooth, and the output settings are smooth/notched at the right amount to permit one hand use.
Infinitely variable vs. Mode. On my variable light, I don't find infinitely variable to offer an advantage. Sounds cool, but not really useful. Low, med, high work good enough for me. But I still want a super low strobe so I can have that activated all the time when light is not in use. This would just make my light easier to locate.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I will get one in tan.
3 modes on a ring which also turns on the light? Great for me.
Going from off to high will look like a softstart lol
Clip won't pull off
No switch boot to wear thru and compromise water resistance.

Impressive, now give me one with 2 cells and a neutral xp-g. Same brightness levels as this one, just more runtime with the extra cell

Last edited:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard a V11 is also in the works for those that want the ability to "pre-set" the level the level it comes on in. I'm not sure what differences it will have over the V10 though, anyone heard anything more about the V11?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Not the M but the V series and some surprising updates around the corner.