Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nitecore Defender Infinity- get one or not?

Default Re: Nitecore Defender Infinity- get one or not?

Congratulations. I think you will like the GDP. I've found these have the most pleasding beam "profile" -transition of spot to spill-with a very clean, good throwing hotspot. I think some emitters tended to go a little blue-ish on very low or very high output leves, but the few I've had never exhibited this tendency.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    The GDP version is my favorite I think.
    I love the original "Strong Light" markings.
    I'm very glad I could get one of the GDPs, fortunately mine is missing that "Strong Light" warning. It's fascinating how much light that tiny LED emits.

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    you're surely one of them!!
    Have a great weekend with lots of darkness during the night!

best wishes, shelm
    Will do. Danke schoen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluefish View Post
    Congratulations. I think you will like the GDP. I've found these have the most pleasding beam "profile" -transition of spot to spill-with a very clean, good throwing hotspot. I think some emitters tended to go a little blue-ish on very low or very high output leves, but the few I've had never exhibited this tendency.
    Thanks. Already like it a lot. You're right, the beam profile is very clean. Tint is great too. Been having some not so good luck with the tints of some other lights lately.

Yes - I have found the GDP version to have the most useful beem in most circumstances too.
    SureFire UB3T Invictus; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP (3xCree) , Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical, Electrolumens EDC-P7; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT-R2, LF2X

Cool looking light. I bought one from Pinnacle, who actually still has stock somehow. $65. I returned it the day after. For me, the clicky was too loud and required too much force. I also found the interface to be a bit annoying, which is odd because the EX10/D10 are one of the best UIs I've come across. WIth the NDI, I found it very unintuitive to rotate the head for different modes, when the light has a clicker already.

As a plus, the NDI can be used as a twisty. That's what I do, so as not to have any risk whatsoever that the clicky switch might fail open.

The clicky is pretty stiff and loud, but I can live with that. It seems that with almost all chinese made lights there's something not to like about the switches. I wish they'd improve that. Accessing the ramping mode takes some getting used to. I set the user defined mode to the lowest output.

@mcdj: just checked at Pinnacle. Hadn't heard about them before. Strange how search engines leave out the good stuff, despite my being thorough... They accept a CPF discount code too... oh oh...

Another question: anybody have/had the Q5 version? How's that LED?
    UK Q40, Inova X5, Inova X1, Inova T2, Fenix L1, Novatac EDC85, Xeno E06, SWM M20A, SWM C10A, NDI GDP, SWM V20A, SWM M40A, Xeno E03, Fenix E25, Fenix LD12.

I just unearthed two of the Q5 version. Unfortunately one of them has some problems - fully tightening the head turns the light off, even with full cleaning and fresh o-rings. The other is flawless.

But I digress - the Q5 is one of my favorite emitters overall, and no exception in this one. A pleasing tint and good throw.

Flashaholic*

I had a similar problem with my Extreme - it would turn off with the head fully tightened.

Replacing the clicky switch fixed it.

Without wanting to resurect an old thread, I have just got one of these from Ebay. The seller said that the light only worked on the high and strobe modes. A BIN price of £4.99 was worth a punt. A bit of playing around and cleaning up and it works perfectly on all modes. So I am very pleased.
    As an aside is there a way of telling if I have the GDP or the q5 version.

Flashaholic*

By using the search feature on the top right hand corner of your CPF page

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownVT View Post
    [...]
    Heads -

[...]
    If your LED is installed on a black base, then it means you have the R2 version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12