• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak -UK Orders -Removed?

kzb

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what happened to this thread? Did we fall foul of advertising rules?

kzb

Newly Enlightened
That may have been my fault, if so i'm sorry.

I must've missed this post, and perhaps several others previous to it.

Anyhow, I am now working on the theory that Oveready has plans to increase the options available for Peak flashlights, and in particular different coloured emitters will be available. So I'm just going to keep an eye on the Oveready website and see what comes up.

Is this a plan?

easilyled

Flashaholic
I must've missed this post, and perhaps several others previous to it.

Anyhow, I am now working on the theory that Oveready has plans to increase the options available for Peak flashlights, and in particular different coloured emitters will be available. So I'm just going to keep an eye on the Oveready website and see what comes up.

Is this a plan?

Not ideally for me, since it seems unlikely that Oveready will stock brass lights and it's Peak's brass lights that I particularly like.

The best plan for me is to do without Peak's lights unless/until they offer better communication and gear up for International orders properly.

kzb

Newly Enlightened
Not ideally for me, since it seems unlikely that Oveready will stock brass lights and it's Peak's brass lights that I particularly like.

The best plan for me is to do without Peak's lights unless/until they offer better communication and gear up for International orders properly.

Yeah but you might be on for a long wait ! Also, did I notice a post somewhere which said the brass lights were discontinued ?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Yeah but you might be on for a long wait ! Also, did I notice a post somewhere which said the brass lights were discontinued ?

Its hard to know what to believe. I heard that rumour as long as a few years ago, but brass lights carried on being produced by Peak.

It does seem very unlikely, however, that Oveready will stock Brass lights, from what was said in the thread that disappeared. Therefore my only means of acquiring them would be through B/S/T

kzb

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm ...at the risk of getting this thread removed again....Americans. On the radio the other day -the budget for Harvard ALONE exceeds that of UK Universities PUT TOGETHER. We were also told where I work by a US supplier that the market for their goods from just ONE US plant exceeds the entire UK market.

I don't think a wet little island off the coast of Europe figures in their brains....

Note I've met some great Americans in my time and absolutely no offence is intended...however....

Tofty

Enlightened
It's not just the UK, it's every market outside of the US that are missing out if the only supplier of brass peak lights won't post internationally.
There must be lots of sales potential for torches as unique as peak's are in the whole european and asian markets.
I think peak doesn't want more business than their domestic market can give them as they are at full capacity anyway and expanding a business isn't much fun.

The person from oveready said that in their opinion, due to the increasing price of brass stock, it will soon become an unfeasible choice for flashlight bodies. Or something like that.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I've had very few problems dealing with Peak directly fom Australia other than the occasional slow delivery, I've always phone them direct. Although it has been at least twelve months since I purchased from them.

Curt did make a couple of custom 3 X Nichia 375nm brass AA lights for me with LEDs I supplied, took a little longer than expected but I'm extremely happy with the result. One light was for another Aussie member, it is one light I've never been tempted to sell.

Norm

easilyled

Flashaholic
My experiences have not been as good. I found it extremely difficult to get in touch with them on the phone. Most of the time nobody answered. Likewise with emailing and PM.

It was with many repeated attempts and much frustration that I finally managed to secure a couple of Brass Logans and these took many months to arrive after payment.

I resolved not to put myself through that stress ever again.

Last edited: