Battery Junction

Thread: Just ordered a SF 3BL

Default Just ordered a SF 3BL

Just ordered a Surefire 3BL which I hope to upgrade later on, will be replacing that baton mount for a clicky also. So it will be like a 3P.

Was kind of chocked to find a store with it in stock, and very cheap too!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Just ordered a SF 3BL

I like your username i have a swedish army light that has tre kronor on the back and it says ficklampa nummer tre it has a green and red filter you can slide in front.also Surefire is a great brand but i find it to be a little too hard to get hold of and expensive

Quote Originally Posted by všlineurheilija View Post
    I like your username i have a swedish army light that has tre kronor on the back and it says ficklampa nummer tre it has a green and red filter you can slide in front.also Surefire is a great brand but i find it to be a little too hard to get hold of and expensive
    Hi there neighbour! Is it one of those squre ones that takes a big 4R25 6v battery? I had one of those as a kid!

Surefire is expensive yes, but this one was on sale. I have a 6PLD that I EDC now but I want something a bit smaller. I do have other lights but I like the formfactor of 3P.

Flashaholic*

Yes it is square but this one takes two C-cells and its a plastic frame i also have one surefire the 6p led version i keep it at home with some cells in a pelican case if i ever need it i used to edc it but those cells are expensive! Nowdays i edc either the solarforce l2 with r5 dropin from dx or my olight m20s they both run 18650 that i usually have to charge only twice a month

Quote Originally Posted by všlineurheilija View Post
    Yes it is square but this one takes two C-cells and its a plastic frame i also have one surefire the 6p led version i keep it at home with some cells in a pelican case if i ever need it i used to edc it but those cells are expensive! Nowdays i edc either the solarforce l2 with r5 dropin from dx or my olight m20s they both run 18650 that i usually have to charge only twice a month
    Cool, I'm not into those "special" batteries yet. Just AAA, AA or CR123A. I guess that will change over time. :-)

Nice, I picked up a 3BL in Hong Kong back in 2008. I also have a 3P. The 3BL is wider than the 3P. But it is BK-HA and it is designed like a weaponlight so batteries can only be loaded in the tail end.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Nice, I picked up a 3BL in Hong Kong back in 2008. I also have a 3P. The 3BL is wider than the 3P. But it is BK-HA and it is designed like a weaponlight so batteries can only be loaded in the tail end.
    What is BK-HA?

I hope I still can replace the bulb with a LED that I've ordered? And also replace the baton-part with a clicky tailcap? Load batteries in the tail end is no problem, I do this with all my lights...

BK-HA is a Pseudo-Surefire designation of Hard Anodized Black, referring to the process of anodizing aluminum bodies using black dye.

It arrived, new in box. Plastic still left on it. Notice that it includes Duracell batteries. Manual is from May 2000. So it is at it's most 12 years old...

Thinking of building some legos, just need a tailcap and maybe a new head.