Just ordered a SF 3BL

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Surefire 3BL which I hope to upgrade later on, will be replacing that baton mount for a clicky also. So it will be like a 3P.

Was kind of chocked to find a store with it in stock, and very cheap too!

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I like your username :) i have a swedish army light that has tre kronor on the back and it says ficklampa nummer tre :) it has a green and red filter you can slide in front.also Surefire is a great brand but i find it to be a little too hard to get hold of and expensive :(

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
I like your username :) i have a swedish army light that has tre kronor on the back and it says ficklampa nummer tre :) it has a green and red filter you can slide in front.also Surefire is a great brand but i find it to be a little too hard to get hold of and expensive :(

Hi there neighbour! Is it one of those squre ones that takes a big 4R25 6v battery? I had one of those as a kid!

Surefire is expensive yes, but this one was on sale. I have a 6PLD that I EDC now but I want something a bit smaller. I do have other lights but I like the formfactor of 3P.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Yes it is square but this one takes two C-cells and its a plastic frame :) i also have one surefire the 6p led version i keep it at home with some cells in a pelican case if i ever need it i used to edc it but those cells are expensive! Nowdays i edc either the solarforce l2 with r5 dropin from dx or my olight m20s they both run 18650 that i usually have to charge only twice a month :)

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is square but this one takes two C-cells and its a plastic frame :) i also have one surefire the 6p led version i keep it at home with some cells in a pelican case if i ever need it i used to edc it but those cells are expensive! Nowdays i edc either the solarforce l2 with r5 dropin from dx or my olight m20s they both run 18650 that i usually have to charge only twice a month :)

Cool, I'm not into those "special" batteries yet. Just AAA, AA or CR123A. I guess that will change over time. :)

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I picked up a 3BL in Hong Kong back in 2008. I also have a 3P. The 3BL is wider than the 3P. But it is BK-HA and it is designed like a weaponlight so batteries can only be loaded in the tail end.

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
Nice, I picked up a 3BL in Hong Kong back in 2008. I also have a 3P. The 3BL is wider than the 3P. But it is BK-HA and it is designed like a weaponlight so batteries can only be loaded in the tail end.

What is BK-HA?

I hope I still can replace the bulb with a LED that I've ordered? And also replace the baton-part with a clicky tailcap? Load batteries in the tail end is no problem, I do this with all my lights...

Illum

Flashaholic
BK-HA is a Pseudo-Surefire designation of Hard Anodized Black, referring to the process of anodizing aluminum bodies using black dye.

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
It arrived, new in box. Plastic still left on it. Notice that it includes Duracell batteries. Manual is from May 2000. So it is at it's most 12 years old...
sf-box.jpg

sf-box-contents.jpg

sf-3bl.jpg

sf-threads-plastic-ring.jpg

Thinking of building some legos, just need a tailcap and maybe a new head. :)
sf-end-result-maybe-dunno.jpg