Amazon HID Flashlight?

TheLightAtTheEnd

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any experience with these Amazon flashlights? for 90$.

Im looking for a first HID flashlight and was wondering if these were any count. I know cheap china made but any input is appreciated.

41kBWfEWcBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Skip that one, get Stanley HID0109 HID Spotlight; plenty of positive reviews for this light on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Standard stuff. Likely 24w dual mode (10/24). You'll find some imperfections on the reflector, probably off center bulb, and a battery that has a 25% chance of failure. Having said that, they are dirt cheap to get into HID flashlights really casually.

TheLightAtTheEnd

Newly Enlightened
Kinda want something smaller than a spotlight. preferably no more than 150$ but we all know how that goes.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
That's the smallest you will find for that price. There is a slightly smaller 10w type but there's no point. Me I'm after the Jilite EZ Nite.... Yum

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The dollar-per-lumen ratio on low-wattage HIDs (under 35W) is not competitive with current high-output LEDs; $95 would buy you a 750 lumen Zebralight SC600 that takes one cell and fits in your pocket..

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Now the HID would out throw that Zebralight, yes? HID flashlights are generally used for far throw and search spot applications. At least that's what I keep saying to myself when I'm lighting up mountain sides and cloudspotting :)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yes, the Zebralight is a flood-type light. However the low watt HID would not throw as far as a DEFT or some of the aspheric LED examples. I'd wager it would be a close comparison to the Stanley 5W LED spotlight.