Pleasant surprises - when things forgotten reappear.

Swede74

Enlightened
I wish I could have started this thread by telling a story about how I lighted upon (pun intended) a flashlight I had forgotten about or thought I had lost, but unfortunately nothing like that has ever happened to me. I have found the occasional pen or a few coins under a sofa cushion, a still edible candy bar in a kitchen cupboard etc, but never a flashlight.

If anybody reading this thread has found a long lost flashlight - it could be in a rarely used jacket, under a car seat, in the summer house or the attic; in any likely or unlikely place - please share your story!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never a flashlight... But once as a broke student, with an empty stomach and petrol tank discovered $50 jammed behind the ashtray in my car.

Best discovery of my life!

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
Just before Christmas, I "re-found" this forum while cleaning out a favorites list.Since then it has cost me an Armytek Predator, a TK15, TK21 and (2) 3d LED Mags.Prior to this, no torch purchases in two years

deklan

Newly Enlightened
Just before Christmas, I "re-found" this forum while cleaning out a favorites list.Since then it has cost me an Armytek Predator, a TK15, TK21 and (2) 3d LED Mags.Prior to this, no torch purchases in two years

Exactly the same situation as myself. Since "re-discovering" this forum, I have accumulated quite a number of flashlights...making up for the lost time of the past 3 years, I guess...*SIGH*

cummins4x4

Enlightened
I did find the first Mag I ever bought while cleaning out a storage area. Dropped in a LED and fresh batteries and it happily resides in my shop now. It was missing for about 3 years. Also found a Spyderco Mariner in the same area, that I was REALLY happy about.

Richub

Enlightened
After my grandmother passed away, it was time to sell the house she lived in.
My parents took me to her home to allow me to choose any of her possessions I wanted to have. Looking around, I found an old flashlight I used to play with as a kid. I just stood there for quite some time holding it, reliving all the times I played with it.

That flashlight, now over 50 years old, is still one of my most valuable possessions nowadays. It completely sucks by today's standards, but it brings back so many good memories of all the times I stayed with my granny. That's just priceless.

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
Just the other day I was looking for something(can't remember what I was looking for) with my HDS rotary and happened to shine the light in my girlfriends half unpacked suitcase where I saw what looked like a flash light. About 6 months prior my girlfriend had lost her E21 I gave her. I had ordered as a gift from amazon for somebody else but it shipped too slow so I was going to return it. When she found out she asked if she could have it, of course I said yes! I had tried to give her other nicer lights but she never wanted them. I was more than happy to give it to her. Then she lost it. I gave her a bad time about losing it from time to time and she swore I took it back from her. So it was kind of funny to find it in her suitcase that she has used several times since then. She was happy to have it back by her bedside despite the lack of any type of low mode. Lol