XM-L tint

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened
Anybody has a picture of XM-L neutral and cool tint?
I want to buy Mac 26650, but not sure which one to choose.
Also, Mac has shallow (flood) and deep (throw) reflector, which one is recommended?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photos do not show LED tints well - that is, they don't show what it looks like to the eye. Reflector choice is determined by your needs. YOU are the one to recommend it :p

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Photos do not show LED tints well - that is, they don't show what it looks like to the eye. Reflector choice is determined by your needs. YOU are the one to recommend it :p

No kidding. Even a series of near-identical shots with various white balances / manual settings make it hard to tell what a tint will be like "in the field".

In my experience, I'll trade the better color rendering of a neutral tint for the slight bump in spec sheet lumens offered by a cool tint. I simply see better with a neutral tint - cool tints tend to flatten out objects and otherwise do bad things for visual perception.

As far as reflectors go, flood will likely provide far more real-world utility than spot for any sort of task work, at the obvious expense of throw.