Upgrade for Mini Mag 3 AA ?

Pointshoot

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys - - I have several Maglite Mini Mag flashlights that take 3 AA batteries (3 watt LED). I like the the 3 AA form factor. Can you suggest an upgrade that would increase intensity of light output for these lights ? I've been able to find upgrades for the Mini Mag 2AA model, but not this one. Thank you in advance for your comments. - -

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's not room for much more power in the Minimag 3AA. Heck, I can't even get the LED out of mine! More power would make heat that can't escape, so you'd just cook the LED.

Pointshoot

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your reply. I ask because I really like the form factor of the Mini Mag 3AA, its diameter and length over the 2AA model.

I'd even look into somehow using one of the new Pro or Pro+ models with the longer 3AA body somehow (using or not using all three AA batteries). I don't know if this is possible or worth the effort.

I found a couple new Mini Mag 3AAs discounted in a local sporting good store to $ 6. I put Energizer Ultimate Lithiums in them. The old reviews of this Mini Mag were very favorable at the time - - of course lighting technology has moved on. But if I could get light output comparable to some of the new model 2AA Mini mags somehow, - - that would be great.

Thanks again.