Brite-Strike Roto-Loc flashlight holsters

fyrstormer

Banned
I've looked at Brite-Strike's products before, and I tried one of their lights, and my overall reaction was a definite "meh". I have a similar reaction to flashlight holster in general. However, this one looks pretty useful.

http://brite-strike.com/roto-loc.html

It's designed like those rotatable cellphone holsters, so you can use it to point the light in front of you without using up one of your hands or endangering your teeth. Anyone tried one of these yet?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nite-Ize, Ultrafire and Fenix make "universal" rotating flashlight holster with stretching sheath. I never used Ultrafire or Fenix ones, but the Nite-Ize can hold a variety of lights from something small as Quark to behemoth Mag D.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the Nite-Ize unit. Blech. Too tight even on a 6P, not adjustable, hard to get the light in, hard to get it out, and the belt clip was an absolute disaster. It went right in the "poorly designed junk" box.

Wilkey

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the Nite-Ize unit. Blech. Too tight even on a 6P, not adjustable, hard to get the light in, hard to get it out, and the belt clip was an absolute disaster. It went right in the "poorly designed junk" box.

Wilkey

Really? I thought it was actually decent, seeing how that tightness was able to secure lights ranging from Quark Tactical to T20C2 MkII to TN11 to Mag 2D. That's what you get for a "universal" holster.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? I thought it was actually decent, seeing how that tightness was able to secure lights ranging from Quark Tactical to T20C2 MkII to TN11 to Mag 2D. That's what you get for a "universal" holster.
Oh sure. A tool that sucks for one application might well be excellent for others. For example, Maglit Mini AA works quite well in the holster, but I don't carry lights of those dimensions as my EDC. I stand firm on that crazy belt clip design though. I ended up grinding off the recurved retention claw that locks to the bottom of the belt. Stock it was very, very difficult to remove the holster (as compared to, say the Ripoffs clip holsters which are a sheer joy). But if you never remove the holster or remove it only by pulling through your belt, not a problem.

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,
I was going to bite the bullet and spend the $40 on the Roto-Loc Cam unit to give it a spin. But no. The only shipping option was Fedex Ground at $12.61. That's a bit much for a holster. I can get 2 Blackhawks or almost 4 RipOffs for that money.
What about a pass-around? Anyone willing to put in a share at a chance to own it?
Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,
I was going to bite the bullet and spend the $40 on the Roto-Loc Cam unit to give it a spin. But no. The only shipping option was Fedex Ground at $12.61. That's a bit much for a holster. I can get 2 Blackhawks or almost 4 RipOffs for that money.
What about a pass-around? Anyone willing to put in a share at a chance to own it?
Wilkey
Found one on Amazon Prime. $32 shipped and on its way. Will report back in a few days. FWIW, I'm totally digging the Blackhawk.

Wilkey