Foxfury Scout
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A reminder to never lend out lights...

Default Re: A reminder to never lend out lights...

Let someone borrow your gun and you'll wind up getting shot in the back. For me though, loaning out my L4 to a classmate only resulted in him constantly shining it in my face... I now use a Fenix P1 w/ SSC CRI in public, if it gets lost, oh well... but in the mean time it can't be used to blind anyone

Well I just got my H51Fc returned to me after lending it out for 2 months+, came back in perfect condition with all of the Eneloops in their little battery holder. Makes a difference who you lend to, my friend would have returned it any time I asked for it back and would have promptly replaced it had it been damaged.
    Nice to have the little sucker back though.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by eh4 View Post
    Well I just got my H51Fc returned to me after lending it out for 2 months+, came back in perfect condition with all of the Eneloops in their little battery holder. Makes a difference who you lend to, my friend would have returned it any time I asked for it back and would have promptly replaced it had it been damaged.
    Nice to have the little sucker back though.
    The best lesson to learn from this thread is not as the title suggests, never trusting anyone, but learning how to choose who to trust and how better to pick friends!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

It's really kinda' funny . . . .

The only person I would lend my light to, would be a fellow Flashaholic.

-- however --

a Flashaholic would probably Never Need to borrow my flashlight.

_

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    It's really kinda' funny . . . .
    The only person I would lend my light to, would be a fellow Flashaholic.
    -- however --
    a Flashaholic would probably Never Need to borrow my flashlight.

_
    Sadly, not always the case. I had one former, fellow Flashoholic who asked to borrow my SF 6P w/ M60 light to check out. Never again will I loan out lights even to a Flashoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    Let someone borrow your gun and you'll wind up getting shot in the back. For me though, loaning out my L4 to a classmate only resulted in him constantly shining it in my face...
    That's the one thing that I don't understand about people and lights... I had this happen a few times and I even remember letting the aforementioned flashoholic check out my SF and the first thing he did was shine the light in my face. I always turn the light away whenever I hand over a light for someone to use briefly or I hand it over bezel down, then tell them how to turn it on. To me, it's like a gun, you never point it at someone's face! It boggles my mind what people do...
    Last edited by RGB_LED; 03-26-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Looking for: jhanko 'biohazard' V10R Ti clip, Luce de Notte (SS / Ti), SF Z2 (body, complete light, bored, unbored). Pls PM me with an offer.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    Let someone borrow your gun and you'll wind up getting shot in the back. For me though, loaning out my L4 to a classmate only resulted in him constantly shining it in my face
    Luckily for me, but badly for my friend, he ends up putting on sunglasses now, any time I get a new light. Then he proceeds to shine it into his own eyes, even after I shine it at the ground.

He better not be stupid enough to do that with my 656 hotwire, otherwise he's going to melt his face off, lol.
    Mag 1D, 2DL, 3DL, 6D hotwire+extension... Fenix E15... Surefire Z2, E1e, 6P, U2 modded with T5 XM-L... Just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    +1
    There are some uTube videos showing these types of devices in action.
    One of my favorites is one using software that allows you to track your stolen phone from your computer.
    Now we just need tiny GPS's implanted into our lights ... and we could track them by phone/computer.
    Lol doesn't help when it is at the bottom of the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by r-ice View Post
    Lol doesn't help when it is at the bottom of the lake.
    Then we just need GPs that work's underwater