Surefire 9P + 2 x Eneloops + M61WLL (Yes, I already searched!)

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I did search but couldn't find any specific info on this combo.

Does anyone know the runtime and approx. lumens running a 9P with a couple Eneloops and an M61WLL ?

TIA.

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I did my own runtime test but turned the light off before the batteries went out. There actually wasn't even a noticeable drop in output actually. That was at 14 hours.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of almost the same thing, except using a M31WL. Just mentioning that the AA's match up better to the M31 than the M61 as far as voltage and run times.
14 hours is very respectable with that combination (9P with 2 AA's and M61WLL).

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Nice. Thanks guys.

Yeah, i realize the M31 is more suited to the Eneloop voltage, but I am looking to use this light with 3xcr123s as well, and use AA/Eneloops as backup - therefore the M61WLL fits the bill nicely.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not think of that, but you're absolutely right. You get more functionality with the 9P with the M61WLL in using CR123's and AA's. :thumbsup: I am impressed by the reported 2AA run times.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
In currently running a test in a G3 with 3x 123s but will switch over to eneloops next...

hotlight

Enlightened
IIRC, with a standard M61 on x2 eneloops I got something like 10 days until the cells were 1.20v. Still was going , but, dim. And didn't want to take the eneloops too low

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
In currently running a test in a G3 with 3x 123s but will switch over to eneloops next...

Are you testing the new M61LLL?

IIRC, with a standard M61 on x2 eneloops I got something like 10 days until the cells were 1.20v. Still was going , but, dim. And didn't want to take the eneloops too low

Very impressive. Thanks for doing the test. :thumbsup:

purelite

Enlightened
You get noticeably less output on an M61 with AA batteries though. Just dont want anyone to be disappointed and think you are getting full output on 2 AA baterries. That goes for the LL version also. There is to my eye a 30-40% decrease in output . Even on 4 AAs it seems just a bit less brite than on primaries.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AA's match up better with the M31 I guess. As far as output and voltage.

Thanks for the clarification purelite. :thumbsup:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
You get noticeably less output on an M61 with AA batteries though. Just dont want anyone to be disappointed and think you are getting full output on 2 AA baterries. That goes for the LL version also. There is to my eye a 30-40% decrease in output . Even on 4 AAs it seems just a bit less brite than on primaries.
My feeling is that the difference in output between 2xAA NiMH and 2xAA Alkaline could be significant, under very light loads the alkalines should have a higher voltage output than the NiMH's. I'm only guessing that the difference in output might be substantial - it's just my feeling though, I'd like to see a beamshot comparison for them. I'd do it but I don't have any M61's, lol. :eek:

Edit: The reason I'm stating the above is that I think that this is what Greyshark reported with his M60 & M60LL test with 2xAA NiMh and 2xAA Alkalines, IIRC.

Here is his thread, I don't have time to review it at the moment but will be able to later.
Malkoff M60LL On 2x AA

Last edited: