HDS Systems

Thread: Flashlights on a Plane

Default Flashlights on a Plane

Hey guys,

Given the crazy state the world is in at the moment, would it be sensible to carry a 18650 light and spare batteries in hand luggage or pop them in the case.

Heading out on vacation in a few weeks and want to take along a EagleTac G25C2 and two spare 18650s.

Am I pushing my luck and maybe get if confiscated if its in my hand luggage ?

only reason I'm asking is I've had my case opened before and things have gone missing while traveling.

Cheers
    A

Default Re: Flashlights on a Plane

I usually carry 18650 lights on my person, often with spares cells. I put all that stuff in my fleece for security and take it off and have it x-rayed.
    They sometimes want to see the light, sometimes not.

I would also hazard that they would not steal an 18650 from your checked luggage, though they might take a nice looking light.

Quote Originally Posted by qt11 View Post
    Hey guys,

Given the crazy state the world is in at the moment, would it be sensible to carry a 18650 light and spare batteries in hand luggage or pop them in the case.

Heading out on vacation in a few weeks and want to take along a EagleTac G25C2 and two spare 18650s.

Am I pushing my luck and maybe get if confiscated if its in my hand luggage ?

only reason I'm asking is I've had my case opened before and things have gone missing while traveling.

Cheers
    A
    I traveled with an LD20, TK41, TA21 on planes without issues; both domestic and internationally). Had them in my Hand Carry and even had spare batteries. As long as the batteries are stored safely, without chance of incidental contact to cause an accident, it shouldn't be an issue. The LD20 and TK41 uses AA, and my TA21 uses an 18650. I had spare batteries in a plastic container, cushioned and all parallel to prevent any contact between the battery terminals.

Shouldn't be a problem AT ALL. This has been discussed many times over the years here and not a single cpf has had his light confiscated. I recently travelled with a DRY 3 XML, a SC600 and a bored Z2 with 2 18650 backup batteries on my carry on. That's a total of 7 18650 batteries and nothing was said about it at all. I did have to go through a random mass spectrometry test but that's besides the point. Maybe the mods should close this thread or merge it with any one of the hundred of similar threads out there.

Follow Norm's link. Much said re flashlights on a plane and some of it pretty current. No use repeating. Closing this one.

Bill