XT11 VS M20X: 500 VS 600 lumens

spc smith

Enlightened
It would be beneficial of any CPF member holding in ownership both these lights, to unscientifically make a direct comparision review of the Olight M20X & Klarus XT11. My wife said no more lights after Oligt M20X, and i really wanted that new Klarus but had skepticism about the step down. Ive done the research, ive watched the youtubes, but have yet to see or read up on a direct comparison of the two.

ANY CPFER'S OWNING BOTH OF THESE LIGHTS ?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both. The XT-11 is a way more refined light. The initial output has a cleaner beam. I really like the Klarus.

spc smith

Enlightened
so madecov,

When you say refined, do you mean a noticeable jump in brightness and throw? Also what do you mean by the initial output is cleaner. I can you , and all others here on CPF, that at least my M20X has no evidence of artifacts or rings in the beam. The beam pattern is flawless. But with detail, what is the difference that you make of it.

spc smith

Enlightened
And yes if you would so kindly madecov, and yes if there is that much of a jump I WILL FIND A WAY TO GET THE KLARUS XT11 !

lol. NOW BREAK IT DOWN BARNEY STYLE:party:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I really like the XT11 too, its my EDC now.

For me, I've watched, and maybe the light hasn't gotten hot enough, despite it being used for a long time at a stretch doing investigations...but I can't see a drop myself...so whatever it is, its subtle. I did note from instrumented tests that its not like it clicks down like a 3 way bulb in a desk lamp, etc...when they ramp down, the circuit apparently takes it down a slow ramp. Perhaps that's why I don't see it happening.

Anyway - Its a great light, with my favorite UI - a simple on/off button, that comes on in high, no matter what...with momentary, and a second button to change the brightness. A nice low 10 lumen low, a 150 lumen medium and 600 lumen high....and a nice floody beam that can still throw.

I also have a Zebralight SC600 in my pocket, which is ALL flood...but 750 lumens. I had some noise to check out at a park I was in, and the SC600 showed me a light pool of light maybe 60 yards around me...but not what the noise was.

Clicked the XT11, and there was the herd of deer ~ 250 yards away.

:D

spc smith

Enlightened
Hey TEEJ,

Every little bit helps. Thats the biggest mystery to me right now, because olight is rated at 500 lumens while klarus XT11 at 600 lumens. Although the klarus drops down to 420 lumens after 3 minutes, and its hard for you to notice a difference once it steps down in slight brightness, would 500 lumens significantly be changed to the naked eye to 600 lumens?

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
After having my TK41 as my first light last week after weeks of waiting, tomorrow I'll be having my SC600 and the XT11. I'll find out !
Got it from an on-line Hongkong dealer.

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
After having my TK41 as my first light last week after weeks of waiting, tomorrow I'll be having my SC600 and the XT11. I'll find out !
Got it from an on-line Hongkong dealer.
I tried to quote you but i pushed the wrong button ha. get my flahaholic status after 4 years soon.

Last edited:

spc smith

Enlightened
cool! well lets see beamshot comparisons if you guys got them! if the XT11 looks more like 800 lumens that would be IMPRESSIVE. enough for me to buy another!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both. The XT-11 is a way more refined light. The initial output has a cleaner beam. I really like the Klarus.

+1

Only issue to take note of: Just be wary of the PWM in the lower modes, if you operate machinery while using this light in low mode, might trigger headaches.

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
Knowing I want the XT11, a friend picked one up and brought it in to work recently. I currently own and carry the XT2c. The 2C is rated at 470 lumens and as stated the 11 is 600. Using the eye only, although there is a noticeable difference in light output, it's nothing dramatic. To me, the 11 had less tint, was slightly brighter, and seemed to throw slightly farther. None of these qualities were "significantly" better than my 2C and this was as far removed from a scientific test as it could be. I used the 11 for about a half hour testing different distances inside and out. During that half hour I did not notice any drop in output. It certainly could have happened, but I could not detect it. I continue to be impressed with the U.I. on the XT line. I also have a Klarus P2A and the fit/finish/feel on all the Klarus lights I have had in my hot little hands has been outstanding. I wish I owned the M20X or have had the chance to try one so I could offer info on the exact comparison you are posing. If you are thinking about picking up the Klarus I doubt you would see a huge difference in light output or quality. I still have the XT11 in my cart along side along side a Sunwayman T20CS. My intention is to choose one light but I think I will risk the possible wrath and order both. LORD HELP ME IF SHE SEES THE BILL!!!

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
so madecov,

When you say refined, do you mean a noticeable jump in brightness and throw? Also what do you mean by the initial output is cleaner. I can you , and all others here on CPF, that at least my M20X has no evidence of artifacts or rings in the beam. The beam pattern is flawless. But with detail, what is the difference that you make of it.

I find the build quality to seem better, I also like the floodier beam better than my M20-X. The Klarus just seems to be whiter and overall with the exception of how the clip is mounted a much nicer light to me.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot comment on the m20x because I don't own one. Got my XT11 today for no other reason but for the way it looks, still no definitive review or

anything worthwhile at the time I ordered it. I am very impressed. Feels solid, well-made, good switch design, nice color and finish, and very bright.

Much brighter than the SC600's 750 lumens, greenish output. Pure white tint, just the way I like it.

spc smith

Enlightened
Well 470 lumens is pretty close to 500 lumens. Still, size of emitter, smooth reflector, textured, orange peel all make a difference in beam pattern and throw. The XT11 seems to be getting worthy praise of almost all CPFer's, must be a good light. Luvbelly and all other CPFer's, thanks for the feed back=). As far as the width of the beam on the Olight M20X, it is a little bit smaller... But if you look at the overall brightness (not the hotspot) of the flood, its actually enhanced because of the smaller reflector. While the spread of the flood is not wider, the overall beam of light from spot to flood is focused and brighter. But it seems to me that 600 lumens provides more overall light output just enough to power more of a flood and spot effect, thus adding more throw. After weighing my options, i might just have to get this XT11.... but the wife.. DANG IT!!! lol.. Just for kicks though, lets keep the Olight M20X vs. Klarus XT11 reviews coming

Flashlight Enthusiast
selfbuilt just did an XT11 review

and it puts out 700-750 real lumens

so, currently the XT-11 and Thrunite TN11 are the two top lumen dogs in the world of 2xcr123 tactical XML lights

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. 700 lumens with 2xCR123 only, 500lm with 1x18650. M20X is equally bright with both.
2. XT11 has serious stepdown after just 3 minutes. And it has floodier beam, thing is - better focused light (M20X is more throwy) looks brighter than it really is.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The XT11 is pretty throwy for a floody beam, partly due to the sheer power, which is why its my EDC.

:D