Light holder for Bike to hold Quark X AA Tactical

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Hi guys, Was using a fenix e21 as bike light before and the light holder I got off ebay was great.
However, I'm now using a Quark x AA tactical and its better for cycling coz it has good flood. Problem is its too thin!! and wont fit on the light holder.

So, Im looking for a holder that would hold lights of 0.86 inches or 20 millimitres or 2 centimetres in diameter.
I dont want those blowfish two sword or however they are called straps...I want to buy from ebay preferably or maybe dinodiret (never purchased there tho :p ).

Thanks for helping guys.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Personally, I'm extremely pleased with my custom setup: one regular hose clamp, one adjustable hose clamp, and some strategically placed Sugru (a silicone clay).
It's cheap, rugged, light and uninteresting/hard to steal.

Here's a picture of the clamps:
NxgSQl.jpg

And a picture of the Quark X AA2 securely mounted:
3uENzl.jpg

(These were taken with a phone.)

Although I mounted this on the side of my luggage carrier, it could be mounted on the handle bar just as easily.

Last edited:

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Personally, I'm extremely pleased with my custom setup: one regular hose clamp, one adjustable hose clamp, and some strategically placed Sugru (a silicone clay).
It's cheap, rugged, light and uninteresting/hard to steal.

Yeah that be great....Except that it scratches the flashlight?

Will edit a picture into this post later.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Thanks a bunch mate....Checking it asap :)
Heh by the looks of the bike, it seems the flashlight is more expensive :p

Actually, just the Schwalbe Ice Spiker snow tyres cost me twice as much as the Quark. :huh:
Although it has some scrapes, I wouldn't trade my bike for anything with handbrakes or gears, and it can transport two dogs, an infant, a crate of beverages and me simultaneously with ease, in three inches of snow.
Take that, Smart Fortwo! :devil:

On the other hand, the fact that you would say that means I've successfully reached my objective of making my bike unattractive to potential thieves.

(I'm Dutch. Don't mess with my bike. :))

Gonna have a look and try to replicate it. Seems good enough for the job :)
Although you may accomplish this some other way, I do recommend Sugru. I've used it for so many little projects now; it seems a bit expensive at first, but it just has so many uses...

Last edited:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Thanks. Now I "need" an AF02.

I couldn't find anything else, so I've used the Twofish with good results with Surefire 6P, SolarForce L2T, and Lumintop TD15x mounted on my bars. I like how they're quick-release, so I can grab my light and use it handheld quickly, too.
The whole setup wobbles a tiny bit, but for under $10 and such flexibility, I picked up a second.
Is there a specific reason you don't want/like them?
Hadn't thought of the two hose clamps method - may try that on my daughter's bike, with a Xeno E03 or something. Interesting.

Last edited:

glenrexellyn

Newly Enlightened
For me, the Two Fish mount works well enough on the street, but even on a flat and smooth limestone path like the Il. Prairie Path it is too unstable. I have used the Two Fish mount with a Fenix LD20 and Maglite XL100 as a backup to my NiteRider setup. I think it is a great backup but I prefer a more substantial mount for a primary light.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Guys after reading the posts and thinking a bit, I got a break and an unexpected solution cropped up!! I'll post pics hopefully tonight :p

Oktosite was particularly inspiring!!

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear some $%@££T%D!! stole your bike.

Your Quark may be thankful though.... Your design puts massive stress on the joint between the head and the battery tube. However smooth a surface may seen, there is a lot of vibration and having the entire 2xAA battery tube hanging out the back of the mount means that you will have been applying a great deal of torque to the joint. This will either cause circuit board damage if the head is tightened, or cause excessive wear in the threads if the head is loosened. You should always try to mount the light at its centre of gravity (the balance point) so that the forces are as low as possible.

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
I agree it is a less than optimal setup but at night, I ride on tar roads (normal road) and there is little strain on the flashlight. Your point is totally valid and I will have to come up with a better solution for off road biking ;-) Being given the quark is so thin, it will be difficult...

Im working on it!

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mentioned before the Fenix AF02. It will do this without any modification as it comes with spacers to hold an LD10 and is rock solid. If you appreciate the quality of the Quark, why scrimp on the mount?

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
I love my Fenix AF02. It's the best thing ever, and so worth the money. Good plastic. Nice screws, the top one captive. Nice. Real nice. Really.