Help Design New Lights

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone else see this thread:

http://186thousand.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001858

Here is the first post:
===============================
Now is your chance to speak up.

Strategos International LLC will be designing its own family and branding of illumination tools (Handhelds and Weapon Mounted systems) that will be expected to go in harms way.

We have a solid line in mind, but we are soliciting any and all good suggestions for integration into our designs.

Please Private Mail me at: [email protected]

Look for our first release in Early 2003.

I cannot give you all the details just yet, a few more agreements to work through. But all looks exceptionally positive.

We are excited!

By the way, they will be of the highest quality, in many cases beating the performance specs of a famous manufacturer and at a price point much more acceptable to the pocket book.

--------------------
Respectfully,

Ken J. Good
http://www.strategosinternational.com
http://888lowlight.com

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i might be wrong, but didn't he post that here too? maybe a link?

i'm very excited and looking forward to getting some of ken's lights. i'm excited about the fact he will listen to what we need, lower prices, more durable lamps and concern about the end user.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
He posted here too. And, he posted the resulting specs of the proposed first products. Weaponlight first, handheld second. If Strategos lives up to spec, these should be popular lights, they have all the things cpf folks look for: reasonable price, pyrex lens, water resistant to 30 feet, etc.

Joe

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm not getting my hopes up to see any of his product offerings anytime soon. I render a guess and say you won't see any production lights until at least Q2 and even then, they'll be SureFire spinoffs.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
I'm not getting my hopes up to see any of his product offerings anytime soon. I render a guess and say you won't see any production lights until at least Q2 and even then, they'll be SureFire spinoffs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll tell you what, if what we get are SureFire spinoffs, but they're more reasonably priced, and out of the gate they are waterproof, pyrex lens, and shock resistant, I'd say they'd have an awesome product. At this point, SureFire's products have evolved to the point that they are just awesome, but the fact that the price has "evolved" as well leaves the field wide open, in my mind.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Homer Simpson voice ....hhmmmmm...polymer....

ygbsm

Enlightened
Originally posted by tkl:
Homer Simpson voice ....hhmmmmm...polymer....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mr. Burns' voice: .....Excellent.....

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
Time will tell...

I as have strolled through the corridors of life I have run into 2 general categories of folks…

The can do's & the can't do's.

The later generally snipe from the wings and spend inordinate amounts of time gathering roadblocks to toss in front of the can do's….just an observation.

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
Specs will be as advertised.

Finalizing body design on a couple of handhelds.

Modular Weapon mounted light to follow.
Handheld Polymer will follow.
Pistol Light to follow.

Working on a couple of surprises as well!
grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sounds great to me! We can always use another quality light simple in design, but tough while providing some extra photons, and reasonably priced!

Stimulates competition...I'm intrigued!!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Ken J. Good:
Time will tell...

I as have strolled through the corridors of life I have run into 2 general categories of folks…

The can do's & the can't do's.

The later generally snipe from the wings and spend inordinate amounts of time gathering roadblocks to toss in front of the can do's….just an observation.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">... and from my point of view, I've dealt with various vendors and manufacturers for years and some things remain pretty consistant.

1. Timelines are hardly ever met. It doesn't matter why, but it's true.
2. Of those timelines that are met, they're met only to discover shortcuts were taken to make those timelines.

I'm looking forward to you proving me wrong.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken:
Good Luck and God Speed in developing your product line. While the LEOs need all the good equipment they can get, please don't forget about us quality minded civilians. Firearms makers often offer "civilian models" of their products which differ only at the selector switch. Maybe you could consider offering "civilain model" flashlights; without the #%#$%^&%$$ "tactical switches" which are becomming increasingly prevalent. Just a thought.
Ken