• Cree XP-G (R5) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Uses one 3V CR123A battery
• 89mm (Length) x 21.5mm (Diameter)
• 44-gram weight (excluding battery)
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
• Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
• Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
• Tactical tail cap switch with momentary-on function, press once for strobe
• Side mode switch button in the front, press once for brightness level selection
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

To bad- that this one only can handle 3V cr123 and not (3.2V)CR123R batteries. Other flashlight brands, like Eagletac, do support CR123R batteries.
Question is; why Fenix not? use of non-chargeble batteries is very expensive.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Fenix just said to me on FaceBook; "PD22 the input voltage is 1.5V-3.3V, if the voltage in this range can be used."

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix just said to me on FaceBook; "PD22 the input voltage is 1.5V-3.3V, if the voltage in this range can be used."

Problem is, a freshly charged RCR123 is 4.2volts. This light will go "POOF". Same with the LD12, cant take a 14500.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the posting. kj2!
Fenix adds a side button switch to the existing models including PD20. It's just a shame 3.7V RCR123A can't be used.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
the only purposes i see for this light is for people with deep pockets to keep buying primaries and to be used as a forever backup light with 10-year lifespan primaries only to be used in emergencies.

varmint

Enlightened
I would have really thought of this light if it used the recharagables but not now although at $1 each there is no problem there but I would like to have the battery option available. Agree with Shane PASS.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a bit doubtful here. I think side button switch mainly is justified with larger sized lights, and it makes the light more sensitive.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
The sidesiwtch on the PD32 doesn't change anything when the light is off.
It's not easily hit either IMO when the light is on and I hate having to double, double with a pause, triple click the tail switch to get the mode I want lol

I think this would make a great emergency glovebox light.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Seems like they made some nice improvements, but why not add RCR123 capability? Doesn't make any sense. I'll just keep my 'ol PD20.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
I think a lot of it has to do with most people are interested in building up 1 more battery specific compatible assortment of batteries and lights.

running on standard primaries, CR123s can be found in any lowes or home depot and now every drugstore, pharmacy, and grocery store sells CR123 "Photo Lithiums" these days.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is so weird. "Side mode switch button".

It has the same graphic that Fenix uses to illustrate their UI's on it, so it doesn't look like it doubles as a power button, but it used only to change modes.

So you have to hold the light in a cigar/overhand grip to activate the tail button, then switch to holding it thumb-forwards in your palm to change modes?

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
It has the same graphic that Fenix uses to illustrate their UI's on it, so it doesn't look like it doubles as a power button, but it used only to change modes.
So you have to hold the light in a cigar/overhand grip to activate the tail button, then switch to holding it thumb-forwards in your palm to change modes?
Yup. That's why I'm not a fan of such designs, you have to change your hold on the light to change modes. I'm still waiting to find my perfect light:

High output 300+ lumens OTF in neutral white tint
Small form factor CR123x2 (RCR compatible or 17670 or 18650)
Black aluminum anodized finish
Tactical rear clicky to activate and change modes
3 output modes only low/med/high
Output levels spaced around 3-6, 30-60, 300+ (or variable levels that can be programmed within those ranges)
3 modes are low/med/high in that order of activation - resets to low after several seconds off
Fixed head - no twisty action - clicky changes modes
A "moonlight" output ~0.2-0.5 lumens would be nice but not essential - hidden with SOS, strobe, beacon but not essential to have those either
An antiroll feature of some kind, either squared head or pocket clip or similar
Reliable, I don't want a piece of junk that will fail within a month
I live in Canada, so it must be available here or can be shipped here at reasonable cost

Anyone know of a light that fits those parameters?
Picky I know, but that's the light I want.
:)

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Yup. That's why I'm not a fan of such designs, you have to change your hold on the light to change modes. I'm still waiting to find my perfect light:

High output 300+ lumens OTF in neutral white tint
Small form factor CR123x2 (RCR compatible or 17670 or 18650)
Black aluminum anodized finish
Tactical rear clicky to activate and change modes
3 output modes only low/med/high
Output levels spaced around 3-6, 30-60, 300+ (or variable levels that can be programmed within those ranges)
3 modes are low/med/high in that order of activation - resets to low after several seconds off
Fixed head - no twisty action - clicky changes modes
A "moonlight" output ~0.2-0.5 lumens would be nice but not essential - hidden with SOS, strobe, beacon but not essential to have those either
An antiroll feature of some kind, either squared head or pocket clip or similar
Reliable, I don't want a piece of junk that will fail within a month
I live in Canada, so it must be available here or can be shipped here at reasonable cost

Anyone know of a light that fits those parameters?
Picky I know, but that's the light I want.
:)

I saw in another thread that the Klarus XT11 and XT2C both utilize a two (2) switch mechanism at the tailcap. One forward clicky to activate the light with momentary on/off and another smaller button right next to it on the tailcap that changes the modes.

regulation

Newly Enlightened

Just don't make conclusions so randomly. I have tried the LD12 a few days before, and it could be fully operated without changing the hold since its small size.

I can place my ohter fingers on the sidebutton to change the mode while my thumb on the tailswitch .

By the way, I don;t have two big hands, and the PD22 it;s much smaller. I can;t assure this would be also OK on it too.

Maybe bfksc you could still consider this one after someone review it.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a bit doubtful here. I think side button switch mainly is justified with larger sized lights, and it makes the light more sensitive.

+1 on this! Why are there so many lights coming out with side switches? this will be okay if the light was a T40CS or the SR90, yes to side switches, but for little lights? come on! plus im sure the light ships with an extra boot and not a side switch cover (which could be its primary cause of failure for its IPX8 rating from wear and tear using the mode switch)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
For lights with dual switch functionality, It's the Klarus line of lights which have the best application of these functions.

Side switches should be for large/long lights, not small EDC's. It's a bit of a fumble to locate and if you were wearing gloves, you might miss the mode switch most of all.

Compared to the Klarus light which comes on in HIGH no matter what mode it was after it was turned off, is a better approach than a light which has a memory and a side switch that is not that easy to locate when wearing gear.

Just my two cents.

Chadder

Enlightened
I love my ld10 and pd20 but I have always said I would love them more if they had monetary on. Even though these new lights have the momentary on I'm not so sure about the side switch. I like knowing before the light comes on if it will come on in low or turbo. That's easy now by checking the head of the light. With the side switch will I lose this ability? I don't want to turn the light on in high and cycle through or need high and it come on in low. I already have plenty of lights that do this.

regulation

Newly Enlightened
I love my ld10 and pd20 but I have always said I would love them more if they had monetary on. Even though these new lights have the momentary on I'm not so sure about the side switch. I like knowing before the light comes on if it will come on in low or turbo. That's easy now by checking the head of the light. With the side switch will I lose this ability? I don't want to turn the light on in high and cycle through or need high and it come on in low. I already have plenty of lights that do this.

This one has a memory function, and I think this could solve the old problems on the LD10 and PD20.
And it also means that it can;t be the high mode everytime you turn it on like the Klarus, so, this may cause a new problem: difficult to locate the side button when wearing gloves.
Actually, compared to the bigger flashlight, like the TK41, a small flashlight with sidebutton is not as bad as I first thought.
Anyway, you can;t satisfy everyone's need in a sole product.