Battery Junction - Olight

Thread: County Comm Ti split rings?

Default County Comm Ti split rings?

I just got a handful of CC's Ti split rings, 3 of each size, small, med, and large. Compared to my McGizmo Sapphire 25 (titanium), and the clip/ring it came, and my visual memory of every other titanium item I've seen, the County Comm rings look like blue steel, almost like zinc. Every other sample of ti I've seen looks dark and warm colored, not bright and cool. Anyone have a similar experience? Could they be using a different Ti alloy? Could I have gotten non-Ti rings by accident? All I know is, I wanted a nice all Ti keyring setup, and these things look totally out of place.

Default Re: County Comm Ti split rings?

They could be anodized. Check them with a magnet. CC does have blued, steel split rings, too.

The blued rings AND the ti rings are on the list for my next CC order.

hmm, don't think they sell blued ones. they have anodized black ones. where did you see blued ones? regardless, mine are a-magnetic, but they don't look, feel, or sound like ti.

They're called "Split Rings, Gun Metal Black Oxide Finish." I think the 'oxide' would indicate that they are blued. (That's the way I took it)

They're way down the "What's New" page.
    Last edited by Sub_Umbra; 03-06-2012 at 11:23 PM.

yea, I have one. It's definitely black, maybe a tinge of blue from the process. the ti rings I have are flat and silver, vs the rounded black one. and they only sell the black ones in one size. so there's no chance I got a batch of black ones by mistake, if that's what you were getting at.

Unenlightened

CC says that they can be anodized, so I don't think they are colored. They also don't say what alloy they are using.
    “You can never have too many knives, his father had told him. Unless they're pointed at you, and by people who don't like you much. ”
    Joe Abercrombie, Last Argument of Kings