County Comm Ti split rings?

mcdj

Newly Enlightened
I just got a handful of CC's Ti split rings, 3 of each size, small, med, and large. Compared to my McGizmo Sapphire 25 (titanium), and the clip/ring it came, and my visual memory of every other titanium item I've seen, the County Comm rings look like blue steel, almost like zinc. Every other sample of ti I've seen looks dark and warm colored, not bright and cool. Anyone have a similar experience? Could they be using a different Ti alloy? Could I have gotten non-Ti rings by accident? All I know is, I wanted a nice all Ti keyring setup, and these things look totally out of place.

ccti.jpg

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
They could be anodized. Check them with a magnet. CC does have blued, steel split rings, too.

The blued rings AND the ti rings are on the list for my next CC order.

mcdj

Newly Enlightened
hmm, don't think they sell blued ones. they have anodized black ones. where did you see blued ones? regardless, mine are a-magnetic, but they don't look, feel, or sound like ti.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're called "Split Rings, Gun Metal Black Oxide Finish." I think the 'oxide' would indicate that they are blued. (That's the way I took it)

They're way down the "What's New" page.

Last edited:

mcdj

Newly Enlightened
yea, I have one. It's definitely black, maybe a tinge of blue from the process. the ti rings I have are flat and silver, vs the rounded black one. and they only sell the black ones in one size. so there's no chance I got a batch of black ones by mistake, if that's what you were getting at.