Making a old light...new again.

annelid

Newly Enlightened
I've had a AA Maglite sitting on my desk for awhile. I use it when I take my nightly waddles around the block (oh the battle to loose some sort of weight never ends). However the light (ie...the regular bulb that came it) was lacking...that or my vision is. ;) So what to do?

I spent many a hour scouring your forums and looking online at new flashlights. However all the terminology is,well, a bit confusing to me. I know a few things, 1. I like the maglite a lot. 2. I wanted a bright beam (for the lack of a better term). 3. I didn't want to spend a arm or a leg (I would if i helps me loose weight). ;)

I decided to go with the "TerraLUX TLE-5EX MiniStar2 Extreme" upgrade. I think that Terralux has updated the module as it looks different as to the one that was reviewed here. How so? The pcb is now black. Yes, I know my descriptions are to be envied. :p Then I threw in 2 enerloop batteries and finally a Night Ize clicky thingy (again you should read my descriptions about love,art and music. Sufficed to say you all would be jealous!) ;)

I can say that I'm pretty happy with the New "old" setup. It's incredibly bright and I have no fear of walking into a raccoon,a tree, a deer or a wall.
Excelsior !

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Good for you. Made the decision yourself.
A lot of people just ask what upgrades to get.

I had already upgraded my Minimag a long time ago before the TLE-5EX came out.
I decided to get the Minimaglite Pro instead of upgrading again. Price: $25.49. (Maglite 2AA Mini Mag Pro+ is $28.99 but was out of stock when I ordered.)
The only problem is they do not work with the click switches I have.

Vesper

Enlightened
I've thought of upgrading my old Mag AAs for nostalgia sake. Always wondered how the Night Ize clickies feel. Do they feel reliable? Thanks for your info Stan Lee. :)

samwise

Newly Enlightened
Kroll clickies, just bought a few from the sandwich shoppe because the one in my arc was playing up.