Fenix confusion

cheftothestars

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

New poster here.

So I'm a FENIX fan and currently own 2 LD20's and 1 LD10 which I prefer as I can use AA or AAA batteries which makes it easier to find the batteries.

I also have a LED Maglite for my larger option.

I have an interest in the TK 41 and the TK 60

The TK 60 looks like it could take over from the Maglite in size and power but the TK 41 would suit my AA battery store.

Could someone give me the pros and cons between these two lights and also can the TK 41 take Lithium AAs as it gets down to -40c here.

Thanks

regulation

Newly Enlightened
The TK60 and TK41 are much the same, except the batteries they used.

Search the forum, there are much discussions about the TK41 before.

I guess the tk41 won;t takd lithium AAs since its higher voltage, but I don;t have one, may be someone got this light would tell you later.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with the TK41, it runs on AA's plus one of the better throwers out there.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
To add to your confusion, you could also have a look at a TK45 if you need a more floody light that runs on AA's.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the two light's engine and "head" in general is more or less the same, so the main difference in this case would be the light's physical size and battery configuration.

Looks like the trade off here is between weight (with size) and run time. Where TK41 is the former, and TK60 the latter.

So at the end of the day, it should be down to what the light is used for. Say if you're not going to use it often and likely to leave it in the car most of the time. I'd recommend the TK60, it can act like a Maglite-style baton if it is necessary.
If you use flashlights a lot and have a lot of eneloops, then the chose should be a no brainer.

Use your brilliant mind and give it a thought mate.