New LED selection page: feedback?

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hi all,

I made some changes to the LED selection page on my website. I'll post a screen shot below, but navigate to this link to check it out.

I was trying to make it a little less confusing. For experts it was probably clear already, but I'm trying to make it more approachable for people who might not already have a lot of knowledge. Any feedback?

new+led+options.jpg

yevets

Newly Enlightened
Jason,

I like your new LED page. It is nice to have all the relevant details summarized on one page. And, since I'm a bit of a nerd, I like your spider chart as well.

Steve

dy5

Newly Enlightened
It's a great idea. Very useful to have all the info laid out so clearly.
It might also be helpful to include a very brief description of the beam for each LED out of the Alpha.

archer6817j

Enlightened
It's a great idea. Very useful to have all the info laid out so clearly.
It might also be helpful to include a very brief description of the beam for each LED out of the Alpha.

Ah that reminds me, if you click on the photo of the LED it takes you to a separate page with beam-shots. The last version had text indicating such...I'll have to figure out how to fit that back in :)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice presentation of the information! It's great for those who already understand that stuff, or for those that don't.

One idea, since you list the run times for three different modes, it might be good to list the output, range, and intensity for each of the three modes as well. That way there is no confusion, and people can also see the range of outputs available (not everyone will understand right away that the three run times listed mean three output levels).

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good page. Makes me look forward to seeing it when you're making more different lights :)

Latest posts