Imalent
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza, Sat. April 21, 2012

Default Re: DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza, Sat. April 21, 2012

Pictures have been added to post #2! Also there is a group album for your uploads at http://photobucket.com/Flashapalooza

Default Re: DFW Spring Fling

I sent the links to the YouTube videos I made to Matt so he can post them with the pictures. Check back to the thread in a few of days and their will be some more videos added once X4CTO and sinrik77 upload theirs. Thanks so much every body for being a part of this meet. It was so much fun!! but like always time flys by so fast!!

Flashaholic*

Many thanks to Aircraft and others for setting up a great meet.

I love seeing the great stuff that other people bring to the get-together. Makes me feel like I need more stuff.

Was great fun ya'll. Nice meeting some new people this round. Not completely sure but I bet there was 20 or more people there this time which was a new record for us. Wish George could have been there to see the cake version of his light. Missed you Billy.

George has seen the cake! Made him very happy seeing people's love for his products!

This was my first GTG and I had a blast!

Sitting behind a computer screen and interacting on the forums can make you feel like your on an island by yourself. It was nice to leave the comfort of home and meet with everyone in person and enjoy some flashlights!

I want to give a big thanks to Aircraft800 for organizing and putting this event together. I'm not sure who else was involved in renting out the pavilion at the park but it was a beautiful location with plenty of dark spaces for beeam-shots. So thanks to everyone involved in securing the location.

* saabluster - what a privilege it was to talk to you about your lights and what's on the horizon. We are fortunate to have someone so passionate and talented in our community!

* Thanks to Jim and Helen for bringing some delicious food and grilling up some mean burgers! I'm glad someone realized that while our lights do well on rechargeables we can't power ourselves with an 18650 cell!

* Hugo2x thanks for posting videos of the location. Made it easier to recognize the park once I arrived. Your home built lights were cool!

* wquiles your magneto drive is awesome! I did not get to spend enough time playing around with it.

* Diablo_33 nice meeting ya!

I'm glad to hear that everyone liked the Zebralight cake. Who knew that zebralights were so tasty?

Can't wait till the next GTG!
    "Light up the Darkness"

Yes, thanks to everyone who made this happen, it was lots of fun..... the burgers, drinks, chips etc were appreciated..... hope people chipped in enough to cover your overhead costs.....
    It was all an act of love and passion to put this show on....

thanks to everyone!
    Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

Anyone have pictures to share? I'd love to post them!

Quote Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post
    This was my first GTG and I had a blast!

Sitting behind a computer screen and interacting on the forums can make you feel like your on an island by yourself. It was nice to leave the comfort of home and meet with everyone in person and enjoy some flashlights!

I want to give a big thanks to Aircraft800 for organizing and putting this event together. I'm not sure who else was involved in renting out the pavilion at the park but it was a beautiful location with plenty of dark spaces for beeam-shots. So thanks to everyone involved in securing the location.

* saabluster - what a privilege it was to talk to you about your lights and what's on the horizon. We are fortunate to have someone so passionate and talented in our community!

* Thanks to Jim and Helen for bringing some delicious food and grilling up some mean burgers! I'm glad someone realized that while our lights do well on rechargeables we can't power ourselves with an 18650 cell!

* Hugo2x thanks for posting videos of the location. Made it easier to recognize the park once I arrived. Your home built lights were cool!

* wquiles your magneto drive is awesome! I did not get to spend enough time playing around with it.

* Diablo_33 nice meeting ya!

I'm glad to hear that everyone liked the Zebralight cake. Who knew that zebralights were so tasty?

Can't wait till the next GTG!
    Thanks for making the long journey! Very glad to meet you and your significant other, who understood your passion for flashlights! One of a kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Aircraft800 View Post

DEFT original and a saabluster's hopped up test DEFT
    What is the approximate distance in this shot? Are there any beam shots of the DEFT-edc LR+?

I wish I could have been there.

HyperBlitz Beam Shots: One, Two, Three

Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMark View Post
    What is the approximate distance in this shot? Are there any beam shots of the DEFT-edc LR+?

I wish I could have been there.
    According to Google earth 410' or 125 meters. We were able to clearly see trees 1422 feet away with my proto DEFT though. I know there was a shot of many different aspheric throwers four of which were made by me but I don't know who took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircraft800 View Post
    A bunch of asphericals

From left to right. Bluish blob of unknown origin,Think it is a mag aspheric but it is shining on a tree in the foreground not the same distance as the others---DEFT edc LR+---Original DEFT(batteries drained me thinks)---My proto DEFT---A future release---unknown, maybe one of Matt's green aspherics.
    Last edited by saabluster; 04-28-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Thank you for identifing the beams in that picture.

The proto DEFT looks amazing. The fact that the DEFT-edc LR+ is brighter than the original DEFT (with possibly low batteries) is impressive.

To everyone that attended; are there any more pictures from the get together that you care to post?

HyperBlitz Beam Shots: One, Two, Three

Thanks for all the pics - looks like a good time was had by all. Love that Deft proto!!

X4CTO and sinrik77 have uploaded their YouTube videos of the meet, I sent the links to Aircraft800 so they can be updated in the second post. Since the meet I've been EDC'ing the ZL SC600 everyday, this thing is AWESOME!!!

Added to post 2!

Anyone else's pocket hardware change based on first hand expirence from the meet? I find myself reaching for my edc light and wishing someone kindly replaced it with a HDS without me knowing. It would be a win-win if they would also leave my other light. I was quite impressed by the repeated bashing that that poor old HDS took. I can not wait to get one of these in my pocket. Anyone else? Any new purchases on the horizon?
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo_331 View Post
    Anyone else's pocket hardware change based on first hand expirence from the meet? I find myself reaching for my edc light and wishing someone kindly replaced it with a HDS without me knowing. It would be a win-win if they would also leave my other light. I was quite impressed by the repeated bashing that that poor old HDS took. I can not wait to get one of these in my pocket. Anyone else? Any new purchases on the horizon?
    If I remember correctly this meet was the third meet I attended in about a two year span and as far as I can remember I've been the only HDS owner of the bunch. About two years ago I was sure I would meet one or two fellow HDS owners but I suppose the popularity of HDS lights can have varying concentrations.
    Not to say there aren't other great lights. I've been EDCing a flashlight for about 6-7 years now and my EDC situation hadn't stabilized until I bought a HDS. Before then I'd carried a wide array of lights that had left me wanting more ... Inova, Coast, and Streamlights. I know that for many flashaholics a EDC light has a pretty short lifespan as they are prematurely retired for a newer, cooler light. I've been EDCing the same HDS light for 2 years - a fairly long time in my estimation for a EDC light.
    I highly recommend them but if you've been keeping up with the HDS thread you know that Henry is having quite a lot of supplier difficulties. I ordered what I thought would be my 4th HDS light in January but it still hasn't arrived so now I'm stuck with my single HDS light (sold one, lost the other ). It's pretty frustrating - don't expect to get your hands on a HDS unless you are 100% positive a dealer has them in stock.

I got to visit LightHound's store recently while I was in Houston, not surprisingly everyone that was their knew Billy D. They said he was the biggest flashaholic in the area and he bought a whole bunch of gear right before the meet, I was sad he couldn't make it. anyways, I made a video of the store so you guys could check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWN--M3ueqM

Oh and Imon, I'm still having nightmares of you throwing your HDS light as hard as you could on to concrete

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo2x View Post
    I got to visit LightHound's store recently while I was in Houston, not surprisingly everyone that was their knew Billy D. They said he was the biggest flashaholic in the area and he bought a whole bunch of gear right before the meet, I was sad he couldn't make it. anyways, I made a video of the store so you guys could check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWN--M3ueqM

Oh and Imon, I'm still having nightmares of you throwing your HDS light as hard as you could on to concrete
    I have been buying from them since way back in 2005/6, so it is awesome to see how big they have gotten to the point of having a store - thanks much for the video!

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Enlightened

Was in the Lighthound store south of Houston and the girls mentioned some of you guys are getting together in the store on Saturday. Sounds like fun but I'm 1200 miles north (was in Houston for business). I spent 2 hours there and walked out with lights, batteries and accessories. Really nice place for flashaholics and store personnel are enthusiast. Check out those Lighthound labeled lights. (actually relabeled Balder)
    Have fun at your party.

When is the next one I may be able to persuade my wife for a TX trip
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

There is usually one in the fall, once it cools off somewhat (October?), but no date has been picked yet.

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Perhaps I will come out of hiding and say hello to some local folks. Week of October 13-20 is a bad week, but otherwise not a lot on the calendar.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    Perhaps I will come out of hiding and say hello to some local folks. Week of October 13-20 is a bad week, but otherwise not a lot on the calendar.
    About time. I've been wondering where you've been all these years we have been meeting. You'll have a blast I'm sure. I suppose we just need our fearless leader(Matt/Aircraft800) to corral us all together.

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    About time. I've been wondering where you've been all these years we have been meeting.
    In most of the usual places...

Will try to make the next one and gaze in wonder at some of the collections and mods.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Now that we are creeping up on a year, will there be a 2013 DFW Flashapalooza?

Popcorn Re: DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza, Sat. April 21, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kingofwylietx View Post
    Now that we are creeping up on a year, will there be a 2013 DFW Flashapalooza?
    Yea, yea yea yea! Is there gonna... Huh huh huh?
    Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

I agree, We need to start working out another meet this spring.

Be fun to bring some chili and buns and have a weiner roast!

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2