EAGTAC        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza, Sat. April 21, 2012

Default DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza, Sat. April 21, 2012

DFW Texas Spring Flashapalooza 2012!!
    Sat. April, 21 2012
    5:00 -10:00 PM
    (or so)

Bring all of your lights, modified, customs, stock, parts, surplus, trades, LED, Incandescent, HID, drivers, lenses, antiques, headlamps, canister lights, diving lights, lasers, items for sale, items for trade, one offs, ect... (and don't forget your camera!)

Located at:

Veterans Park
    2482 Spanish Trail
    Arlington, TX 76016

GPS users, when I punch in the address, my GPS gives me the wrong location. I had to navigate to this coordinates to get the correct location:
    N 32.70506, W 97.16230
    if you look at google maps, it's listed as
    32.705059, -97.162308

Under the Big Pavilion

We have reservations under the pavilian at Veterans Park. It has all of the eminities, seating for 120, 18 picnic tables, a grill, lighting, and electrical outlets.

A huge thanks to those that made this happen, now it's time to get the word out! Hopefully this is the biggest event yet. Everyone welcome, friends, family, neighbors.

We'll start pot-luck style, bring something to eat if you can, I'll get a list going.

Last edited by Aircraft800; 03-19-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Thanks everyone for making this the best (possibly biggest) CPF DFW Flashapalooza to date!

and a special thanks to:

Jim and Helen
    LEDite
    X_Marine
    Hugo2X
    (winner of raffle)
    saabluster
    You guys made this happen!!

I've uploaded my pictures to http://photobucket.com/Flashapalooza
    It's a public album for us, so you can ad your pics and videos too.

Here is the 2 videos Hugo2x took
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnKuNtBwjWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG68Y8iE2Dk

X4CTO's video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN9B30WArqI

Sinriks' videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js47UoTf0Cs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7R5BUxJqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_0zZ7kR0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nOjoSzhVfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWumkmASJc

Here is a few of the guys getting set up

Aircraft800's lights

a few of ________'s knives

some of ________'s knives

Hugo2x's collection of lights and knives

MichaelRose's collection

LEDite's UV lights and lasers

DEFT original and a saabluster's hopped up test DEFT

A bunch of asphericals

Cree XM-L with a stock Mag reflector
    Last edited by Aircraft800; 05-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Default Re: DFW Spring Fling

Great idea - got it on my calendar

Will

Quote Originally Posted by Aircraft800 View Post
    I will also look into renting the pavilion, so availability will also play into the decision.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com

Ok, Just let me know if the date changes...I want to be in!
    I missed last years.. ill bring a couple guys mist likely "or more".
    Bring all my toys.... Flashlights, Lasers....hopefully get to play with starlight equipment again....maybe see some aliens in the heavenlies!...LOL!.....weird stuff up there when you have a Gen 3 starlight scope....
    Last edited by windstrings; 03-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

Can we move it to one weekend earlier or later? I just check with my wife, and I am tied up that Sat and Sun

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com

The weekend after works great for me anyone else? I should know a little more about Billy D this week also.

Cool, I've been waiting for another GTG. I'll call tomorrow to find out what days the park has open reservations.

Gah! Stuck in another 9 week army course...this ones for a big promo, but I would love to make another of these...eventually (thanks for the text aircraft!) Don't take my not making it for 3 years as a lack of interest, just lots of life in the way
    Enlightened from birth

Sry I wasn't payin attention.
    Appreciate the notice Matt, and I checked schedules tonight at pool league and looks like I'll be tied up aprox 5/13 - 5/23. Now that's not carved in stone as of yet but that's the aprox dates and can vary a cpl days at the beginning pending more like 5/15 - 5/23. For those that aren't aware that is for the BCA Nationals in Vegas which I have been attending for about 18yrs now. I generally enter the "Mixed Open Teams Signup:Sun. May 13th, noon Starts:Wed. May 16th, 9 a.m. Thru: May 19th. For anyone that's interested check http://www.playbca.com/Events/2012BC...pionships.aspx And for the last 4 or 5 yrs they have the Pro Tour there also. Always fun taking a dip with Jennet Lee (The Black Widow). ')) When you have been playing pool for 50yrs (yikes) it's hard to pass up the big get together and seeing old friends from years past, not to mention all the fun in Vegas and surrounding areas.

Now regardless of all that.. the meet most go on. I always enjoy the pics and video regardless. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how it all mashes out. And regardless I'll be happy to help out on the rental or whatever.

I better get some sleep, got lots to do later today. ')
    Thanks Matt, and all.
    Be safe.
    X/BillyD..
    So much to learn, so little time.. ')
    DFW Texas Spring Fling CPF and LPF Flashapalooza, TBA? ')

I called Arlington Parks today and the open evening weekend reservations for the pavilion are

April 21 29
    May 5 6 19 20

Evening reservation is from 4pm till park close, price is $90
    817-459-5473

Veterans Park
    2601 Spanish Trail,
    Arlington, TX 76016

I was talking to Matt(Aircraft800) earlier and we were thinking about sending donations to Matt's Paypal so we can all chip in and rent out the pavilion. That way we don't risk loosing a spot like last meet.

Me and Matt want to schedule this event so you can be there BillyD. So let us now if any of these dates are doable. I know its a drive from Houston, So maybe we can get a date when your already up here visiting family.
    Last edited by Hugo2x; 03-08-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Mat 12 was the only one I could not do, so right now all of those dates are good with me. I definitely want you guys to try and play with my new MagnetoDrive prototype #2, which I should have completed by then:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...with-SmartDial

Only my neighbor and I have played with it, so I want to see what others feel works good/bad so that I can improve it and make it better

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo2x View Post
    I was talking to Matt(Aircraft800) earlier and we were thinking about sending donations to Matt's Paypal so we can all chip in and rent out the pavilion. That way we don't risk loosing a spot like last meet.
    Absolutely - more than reasonable request

Will

Well as far as I know any of those dates would work for me. Thanks for getting this together again Matt. And I think chipping in some money to help reserve a place is a good idea. Look forward to it.

Thanks Jon "Hugo2x" for all the help!!!! He's been doing all the leg work.

Does April 21 work for everybody? If that doesn't work, I'd like to wait till the end of May so X_Marine can make it. Billy, If you want to fly in, I'll even give you the ticket, pick you up at the airport, and give you a place to stay, heck, I'll even throw in the beer! (just so you know I'm serious!)

You guys mind adding this signature to your profile for a bit? It may bring us some new members who haven't stumbled on this thread yet.
    DFW Texas Spring Fling CPF and LPF Get Together, DATE ???????

Last edited by Aircraft800; 03-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.

I'm a little late to the party but count me in. My work schedule is so unpredictible but I will be there if possible. Looking forward to it.
    This is my signature. They're many like it but this one is mine..

Wink2 Re: DFW Spring Fling

Checking the calendar The 29th may possibly work better being it falls on a new moon. We do like the darkness, Right?.. lol
    I grabbed a calendar online to make it a little easier for all to envision days/dates.

21st, 29th, 5th, 6th all can work for me, so whatever works for the majority is what's important.
    I'll be trying to schedule a visit with my bf that lives just south of Hillsboro so I'll have lots to get ready for a visit to see him. ')
    Sounds like a pardee to me.

X/BillyD..

Edit: Just noticed that sneaky Matt snuck in and edited his post. lol
    Heck of an offer dude, but I seldom drink beer. Kinda patial to Crown. ')
    But thanks for the offer for sure..

Last edited by X_Marine; 03-09-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Sneaky dude.. lol

A Sunday evening may be a little hard for me, I work on Sunday starting at 8pm but could always take a day off. Does this conflict with anyone elses work schedules? I would think a Saturday may be easier. Maybe on May 5th. Cinco de Mayo... I'd think it's been booked, but if not, I'll grab that date...

Saturday works much better for me as well

Quote Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
    I definitely want you guys to try and play with my new MagnetoDrive prototype #2, which I should have completed by then:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...with-SmartDial

Only my neighbor and I have played with it, so I want to see what others feel works good/bad so that I can improve it and make it better

Will
    That's some incredible machining Will! I wish I had a fraction of your skills! (and a mill to go with my lathe)

I figured a Saturday would be easier... I'll call and see if May 5th is still open... No Answer, probably not till Monday..

Post 1 and 2 of this thread will be cleaned up once a date is set in stone with the pavilion rental, under construction..
    Last edited by Aircraft800; 03-10-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks Matt

Umm..May 5th is our anniversary weekend. Could we do Sat April 21 which according to the calendar X-Marine posted should be the darkest night?

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    Umm..May 5th is our anniversary weekend. Could we do Sat April 21 which according to the calendar X-Marine posted should be the darkest night?
    It's not a GTG without you! 21st good for everyone else?

I think Saturday would be much better than a Sunday. I plan on staying pretty late, take advantage of the dark and play with my toys. I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing what toys people will bring. I only have a couple of interesting lights so I dont bring much to the table. Do you know if people are bringing stuff to eat or drink. I have never been to a get together. I plan on bringing my dad and my 6 year old nephew who is a massive flashaholic. I personally have bought my nephew 5 flashlights and hes probably got around 10. I was mad that I just missed the meet last year so I am glad I will definitely make this meet.

April 21st (Sat) works for me

yeah April 21 sounds like a good date, the sooner the better.

Booked for the 21st! I'll update when I get near my PC.

Buttrock Re: DFW Spring Fling

LQQks like April 21st it is..
    Now we must all think clear weather.. Fingers crossed..

I'm assuming wquiles is going to bring his lathe so we can see him perform some of his splendid machine work. <G>
    Looking forward to seeing that MagnetoDrive which is really lookin nice.

Also as a side note, I live about 20 minutes from Light Hound's store front and could easily pickup any goody's someone might like. He has most batteries and quite a few lights. Just check him out @ lighthound . com.

Uhoh, here comes the sun, that's my last call if I'm gonna get any sleep. ')
    Many thanks Matt
    X/BillyD..

I am planing on being there, but I think the 1200 pound lathe and the 1000 pound mill will stay home

$30 sent, Thanks for renting out the Pavilion Matt. If any of you guyz want Matt's Paypal address, I know it.

UPDATE: Censored

Last edited by Hugo2x; 03-14-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: CPF rules......

Hugo2x,

You'll have to edit/delete that post, sorry.

CPF Rule 10. Fundraisers & Donations

No fundraisers or requests for donations will be allowed on CPF, unless it is for CandlePowerForums or CPFMaketPlace benefit (either partially or wholly). This includes, but is not limited to, raffles, auctions, sales of individual items and solicitations for donations to paypal accounts. Threads and/or posts that violate this rule will be removed by a member of the CPF staff.

I'll be there!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast