added Evening fun with personal LED lighting!

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting start to the evening, that ended in a James Bond sorta way............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

007 would have shared alittle more than just lumens with the women.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday my LED EDCs served me well as I ventured out into an early evening event at a local nite club. It had been a while since I had to show ID to an initlally hostile Mixed Martial Arts bouncer doorman. after showing my ID (I'm probalbly 20 + years older than the doorman and 70 pounds lighter) He stated that he would not let me enter until I lifted my Casmir sportcoat to check my belt for weapons!?! OK I admit that my EDC lights w Sunawayman L10A , cell phone, Quark mini AA2 & nitecore EZAA warm looked somewhat out of the ordinary. I proudly displated my L10A then handed it to the guy, he wasnt sure what it was, but knew it was a specially constructed special tool of some sort. I then showed him the brightness, then the STROBE! I asked if he ever encountered hostile violent drunks and he was most interested in where he could get such a light. I told him "LIGHTHOUND". Since he checked IDs for a living I couldnt resist showing off my ARC AAA P UV. the currency detection was a big hit at the door! of course the guy wondered why I had so many lights I simply replied that it was dark at night and inside so it helped me see what I was doing etc. Since he was so enamored with LEDs I gave him a battjunction white coincell LED saying it could help him at night in low light situations such as a female patron losing keys under table etc! The guy became alot more friendly once I showed my County emergency mgt ID w drivers license and LED lights. I appreciated that fact that they had a "no weapons policy' at a place that served alcohol, LED lights were allowed in my case. The bouncer then let me pass to the lady taking the $6 cover charge, she, along with the hat check girl enjoyed my interaction with "Pulverizer" the alert doorman! When I walked up to pay I mentioned that I was only gonna be a few minutes (afterall I was little concerned about the place when they asked to see if was I strapped with a concealed weapon!) she then cheerfully waived the cover charge! When I left about 40 minutes later I re entered to present the cashier with a coincell UV LED light, she loved the purple color and was most impressed with currency detection aspect of the UV LED. during my visit to the establishment I also spotted several ladies who were having trouble reading menus in the low light environment. Of course I unselfishly shared my lumens.
another evening made more enjoyable through the proper application and use of LED lighting!!!!!

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
those coin cells are great for that!:thumbsup:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Yep, freebie coincell fauxtons go a long way to helping people be more friendly and co-operative. I give them away a lot and everyone likes a useful freebie. I get a lot of feedback on how handy they are.

I now have my local grass mowers trained to keep my dog walking paths well mown, and I've even built some "disco mode" fauxtons to give to the younger female mower-person next time I see her (I asked, and she said she'd like them). The bloke wanted a blue flashlight to match the colour of his new car, so I gave him one. Win/win/win.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTG! I haven't had a RGB coin cell for a while. I given out a few blue to people Ive met who hunt deer, I havent yet heard about how it tracks deer blood however.

AND I Appreciate the kind feedback about the story :thumbsup:

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting start to the evening, that ended in a James Bond sorta way............:thumbsup::thumbsup: