V10A arrived

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Greenish? No way. I've demo'd 4 V10A, 2 V20A and 6-7 V10R all XML and all skewed more towards blue/violet if you will. These are all recent mind you. The RRT-0 S2... Now that's a green light. A few LD10 we have also are unfortunately greenish.

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first Sunwayman. I really like the variable setting.
Built well and feels very solid. The beam is a nice neutral white. Hot spot is a good size.
Haven't been outdoors yet. Will post when I get the chance.

stona

Newly Enlightened
Nice. I received my V10A a few weeks back. Got the xml version. It's a nice little light.

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at this light. Perhaps you new owners can help answer a few questions for me.

XP-G can go to 140 lumens with AA (Alkaline, NiMH, or Lithium primary).
XM-L T6 can go to 110 lumens with AA (Alkaline, NiMH, or Lithium primary), but can go to crazy bright 460 lumens with 14500.

Why can't XM-L go to 140 lumens with AA (Alkaline, NiMH, or Lithium primary)?
Also, can you adjust the magnetic ring using single hand operation?

Thank you.

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
I think I read due to the efficiency of the XML emitter, the output was lower as measured from OTF but is still yielding better output at specific voltages.
I got the XP-G most because of price, the XML was $20+ more. I use eneloops in mine and output in nice.

You can use the ring with one hand, just have to reposition the light after you turn it on. Takes a little practice, but seems natural enough.

stona

Newly Enlightened
Not sure as to why one is brighter than the other. My reason for choosing the xml version was it has less of a defined hotspot. I use my EDC light mostly indoors so I find it easier on the eyes with the less throwy beam. The ring can be controlled with one hand.

Samy

Enlightened
Mine is in the mail. Hopefully it arrives before my camping trip this weekend. I wonder how the ring handles sand?

Cheers

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
how is the tint?

sunwayman xml's are all said to be greenish (if you are honest to yourself)