Klarus XT2C peeps, notice an output boost using two CR123a's vs the single 18650?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the light but have only used 18650's
I have a bunch of 123 primaries but have not tried it in my Klarus lights

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the light but have only used 18650's
I have a bunch of 123 primaries but have not tried it in my Klarus lights
I'm the opposite, I have the XT2C but have only used CR123 primaries, don't have any 18650's.

CTR

Newly Enlightened
I've just ordered an XT2C and have both CR123 and 18650 batteries. If I have time I will get some beam shots with my DSLR. I don't have any light-meters...

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should be getting my XT2C sometime next week and I only have a flat-top AW 18650 so far: if you don't get an answer before then I'll let you know how it works.

ledmitter

Enlightened
If you've read selfbuilt's XT11 review
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?334606-Klarus-XT11-(XM-L-U2-1x18650-2xCR123A-RCR)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO

The XT11 is hitting ~700 lumes on 2 CR123A's vs the 550-600 on a single 18650.

Can anyone try this with the XT2C. I don't have CR123A's

Also what's the difference between RCR's and CR123A's?

Found out the XT2C is regulated so the extra voltage from a 2X config won't mean a difference. Stick with the 1X18650.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found out the XT2C is regulated so the extra voltage from a 2X config won't mean a difference. Stick with the 1X18650.

Doesn't the XT2C use PWM? I've been very curious about this light and I'm thinking of ordering one.

Do you guys hear any inductor whine or notice any PWM strobe? Thanks

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't the XT2C use PWM? I've been very curious about this light and I'm thinking of ordering one.

I don't have the XT2C yet but I do get the "whine" on the XT2A and XT1A. I only notice it if I place them close to the ear though. I didn't notice the strobe effect but I'll drop them into the sink later to see if I notice it when they are submerged.
The XT1A also starts flashing when the battery is running down but I have no idea if this is an intended warning signal or if it is resulting from a combination of PWM and low battery.

kj2

Flashaholic

I hear some noise (whine/low sound beep) on High, on medium very hard to hear and on low- I can't hear it.

loquutis79

Enlightened
There is a whine for sure but hey, now I can enjoy light and sound!
But really, it's rather soft. Not enough to make me dislike the product.
I find the lack of a pocket clip much more annoying but I still bought it.
Maybe when Going Gear get the clips in I can get one. If they are available as a single item order

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Im not sure about the xt2c being regulated or not but I notice for sure it being brighter with 3 cr123s vs my Tenergy 18650, I only run primaries in it because of this reason, on my fenix tk15 on the other hand they seem to perform about the same

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find the lack of a pocket clip much more annoying but I still bought it.
Maybe when Going Gear get the clips in I can get one. If they are available as a single item order
I would hope that Klarus make the clips available for purchase as an individual item, most other manufacturers do!

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I'll have to check this out on mine, I hope it does give a brighter beam with two cr123 primaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD