Supbeam Light
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 550

Thread: Jetbeam RRT-01

  1. #121
    Flashaholic* kaichu dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    大和/Alyeska
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    Awesome, thank you. I have an RRT-01 coming today or tomorrow, I may as well order a couple reflectors as well.
    I was positive that I was going to want a new reflector, but am surprised at how good it is. You might as well wait until you've got the light in your hands just in case.

    The thing I do need to change as soon as possible is the tint and I'll probably have to go with a neutral or warm emitter since Cree has yet to release a hCRI XM-L.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

  2. #122
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I was positive that I was going to want a new reflector, but am surprised at how good it is. You might as well wait until you've got the light in your hands just in case.

    The thing I do need to change as soon as possible is the tint and I'll probably have to go with a neutral or warm emitter since Cree has yet to release a hCRI XM-L.
    Yes, good point. It arrived today, so I'll check it out tonight.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  3. #123
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    So the battery of choice is an AW IMR 18350, or RCR123?
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  4. #124
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Is anyone else interested in getting an Arc6 reflector? I was thinking we could save a few bucks on shipping if we ordered together, and had them shipped out from there.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  5. #125
    Flashaholic* kaichu dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    大和/Alyeska
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    Is anyone else interested in getting an Arc6 reflector? I was thinking we could save a few bucks on shipping if we ordered together, and had them shipped out from there.
    The more I use my light the more I'm interested in going ahead and swapping reflectors, but I'm wondering if there's a chance we can eventually get JetBeam to offer an OP reflector, or get Niteye reflectors for the EYE-10, which is essentially an RRT-01 with an OP reflector already in it.

    I've got one on the way and one of the first things I plan on doing is swapping the reflector out of it.

    If it appears that the Arc6 reflector is actually the best option, as opposed to the McR20 that another CPF'er put in his light, then I'll be interested in getting a couple.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

  6. #126
    Flashaholic* scout24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Fyrstormer- Lathe? BAH! 1x30" beltsander! McR20S is awesome! I'm glad the Arc reflectors work, too. Good to have choices.

  7. #127

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    Is anyone else interested in getting an Arc6 reflector? I was thinking we could save a few bucks on shipping if we ordered together, and had them shipped out from there.
    If we're talking $5 or so, I'd go for that.

  8. #128
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    The Arc6 reflector is a perfect match for diameter, which is the hardest dimension to match properly, and it needs ~1-1.5mm sanded off the front to make it fit properly. The sanding dust can be washed off the reflector if it's done carefully, with clean hands and clear liquid soap. The back end of the reflector hovers over the emitter a little bit, but the stock reflector does that too; you'll notice the stock reflector has a cylindrical well at the back, and the Arc6 reflector fits the same, except it doesn't physically touch the emitter. There is a black plastic centering ring snapped onto the emitter, which I removed because I preferred the appearance of the white carrier board behind the emitter instead; it no longer served a useful purpose for centering the new reflector anyway.

    I have three Arc6 P4 reflectors I can sell at-cost; PM me if you're interested.

  9. #129
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Fyrstormer- Lathe? BAH! 1x30" beltsander! McR20S is awesome! I'm glad the Arc reflectors work, too. Good to have choices.
    The McR20-S and the Arc6 reflector have essentially the same optical properties (i.e. same parabolic curve), except the Arc6 reflector is about 1.2mm smaller in diameter. It saves a lot of time; I was able to make the Arc6 reflector fit using a flat sheet of 400-grit emory paper taped to my kitchen counter, and about 15 minutes of hand-sanding while distracting myself by watching TV.

  10. #130
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post

    I have three Arc6 P4 reflectors I can sell at-cost; PM me if you're interested.
    PM sent
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  11. #131
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    PM replied.

    Per my PM conversation with F250XLT, anyone who wants to replace the reflector in their RRT-01/TC-R1 should first make sure they can actually open the bezel without damaging the light. It would suck to buy a reflector (or a batch of them) only to find out the bezel can't be removed without damage. I boiled my TC-R1 head for a few minutes (inside a Ziploc bag, to prevent direct contact with the water), but ultimately I still had to resort to using strong pliers with rubber jaw-covers to get the bezel off. With the titanium version there was little risk of damage, but with the aluminum version...I don't know. Aluminum doesn't have the same resiliency as titanium has.

  12. #132
    Flashaholic* Nake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleve. OH
    Posts
    1,766

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    I opened my Al one by hand tearing up the O-ring. There was glue on the threads and O-ring, but not much.

  13. #133
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by Nake View Post
    I opened my Al one by hand tearing up the O-ring. There was glue on the threads and O-ring, but not much.
    I tried torquing mine by hand, but to no avail...
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  14. #134
    Flashaholic* scout24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Seems to be hit and miss, both my aluminum opened no problem by hand, and I know of one Ti that was just as easy...

  15. #135
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Seems to be hit and miss, both my aluminum opened no problem by hand, and I know of one Ti that was just as easy...
    Perhaps I'm just a weakling...
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  16. #136
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    So I have the opposite problem with this light, than I do with my V10R Ti+...My RRT-01 doesn't turn on for about the first 30-40 degrees, anyone else have the same issue?
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  17. #137
    Flashaholic* kaichu dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    大和/Alyeska
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    So I have the opposite problem with this light, than I do with my V10R Ti+...My RRT-01 doesn't turn on for about the first 30-40 degrees, anyone else have the same issue?
    Mine's the same, but I don't mind the slow turn on nearly as much as the 'end of results' while still turning at the top end. Don't know if others feel the same, but the one I didn't have to return is fairly close to perfect for me.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

  18. #138
    Flashaholic* nakahoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dulles VA
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    So I have the opposite problem with this light, than I do with my V10R Ti+...My RRT-01 doesn't turn on for about the first 30-40 degrees, anyone else have the same issue?
    I thought this was done on purpose to avoid accidental activation. I actually like the way its designed

    -Bobby

  19. #139
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Mine's the same, but I don't mind the slow turn on nearly as much as the 'end of results' while still turning at the top end. Don't know if others feel the same, but the one I didn't have to return is fairly close to perfect for me.
    I agree, it's better to have it this way.

    Quote Originally Posted by nakahoshi View Post
    I thought this was done on purpose to avoid accidental activation. I actually like the way its designed

    -Bobby
    That is exactly what I was thinking.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  20. #140
    Flashaholic ironhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    After using this light for a few days, why would I ever want to go back to a light with a clicky switch again?

  21. #141
    Flashaholic* kaichu dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    大和/Alyeska
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    After using this light for a few days, why would I ever want to go back to a light with a clicky switch again?
    While I keep reaching in the pocket with the 'new light' inside over the one with the Haiku, I keep wishing that it did have a switch and some detents (which is why I've already got the EYE10 on order) so that I could have the light set to the best general setting for the immediate usage at hand.

    I'd love to see an aftermarket body from Steve Ku which allowed us to click the tailcap into one of two positions - one being standard operation, the other activating the momentary-capable clicky.

    This has definitely got to be the absolute best UI to give to those you love who can't get used to more complicated UI's. Now if they'll come out with a AAA version, I'll be getting a bunch of them!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

  22. #142
    Flashaholic* nakahoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dulles VA
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    I am a huge clicky fan but there is nothing I hate more when I press a switch and no light comes out because the control ring is "Off", when you need your light quickly this is very frustrating. You than turn the ring, and either it lights up or you have to activate the clicky again.. I hated the NiteCore Infilux IFE1 because of this. At least with the Sunwayman UI you will get some kind of output no matter where the control ring is set.

    This UI is nice for a cusual EDC, a non-work EDC where it is not critical to get full output instantly.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    While I keep reaching in the pocket with the 'new light' inside over the one with the Haiku, I keep wishing that it did have a switch and some detents (which is why I've already got the EYE10 on order) so that I could have the light set to the best general setting for the immediate usage at hand.

    I'd love to see an aftermarket body from Steve Ku which allowed us to click the tailcap into one of two positions - one being standard operation, the other activating the momentary-capable clicky.

    This has definitely got to be the absolute best UI to give to those you love who can't get used to more complicated UI's. Now if they'll come out with a AAA version, I'll be getting a bunch of them!

  23. #143
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    Perhaps I'm just a weakling...
    They're definitely not all sealed the same. The first one I got required rubber-jawed pliers to open; the second one twisted open by hand.

  24. #144
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    In other news: the reflectors I had have gone Arc should be able to sell more if anyone else wants to take a turn group-buying them.

  25. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    So the battery of choice is an AW IMR 18350, or RCR123?
    The IMR is being touted as having the best output. I messed up and ordered 2 RCR AW's. Great so far, but not a very noticeable brightness increase. I was expecting an "Aziz... Light!" moment like the RCR AW in my Eagletac D25a.


    Via iPhone & Tapatalk

  26. #146
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    In other news: the reflectors I had have gone Arc should be able to sell more if anyone else wants to take a turn group-buying them.
    Aww, bummer.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  27. #147
    *Flashaholic* fyrstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    5,661

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Yeah, you're not the only one who thinks so. If I'd known anyone else besides me was actually interested in the Arc6 reflector retrofit, I'd have bought more of them. I was trying to avoid getting stuck with a batch of reflectors I had no use for, and, well, it worked.

    The good news is, we all know Arc isn't using them, and won't complain about anyone wanting to buy them.

  28. #148
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,145

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    Understandable...If anyone want to get in on a group buy, please PM me.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  29. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    I'm in... PM sent.

  30. #150
    Flashaholic scottyhazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    354

    Default Re: Jetbeam RRT-01

    How does the reflector affect the throw- before I join in?
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •