Jetbeam RRT-01

Draven451

Enlightened
It will be nice to hear more about these new lights. Once Jetbeam and Nitecore make official announcements or reviewers release their opinions.

DM51

Flashaholic
This post had an incorrect time-stamp and appeared at the wrong place in the thread due to forum software issues (not the fault of the poster):

That looks very nice! I love the small size.

I wonder if the RRT-01 uses an XML. And what it's maximum output is. And whether that little silver thing at the very back is a button or if the only control is the rotator ring like on the M11R.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting.

Looks like the only control is the rotator ring like the M11r. You can see in the picture that the post in the back of the tailcap is actually the keychain attachment point. It has a hole through it. 500 lumens with an XML-T6.

I wonder how this compares in size to the V11r. the V11R does have a tailcap button so is probably a bit bigger.

One thing that's nice: unlike the Sunwayman lights, the RRT-01 has reverse polarity protection. I damaged my V10r by putting the battery in the wrong way.

iron potato

Enlightened
JB RRT01 vs SWM M11R, which one would u pick & why ?

I really liking the Klarus XT1C dual switch design, but too bad it wont take RCR :ohgeez:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the V10R and the M11R. While I really like Sunwayman lights, I would choose the RRT-01 over the M11R purely for the infinitely variable output.

Choosing between the RRT-01 and the V10R on the other hand would be much more difficult, but I would probably go for the V10R due to the tailswitch that would allow me to turn the light on to a pre-selected level.

iron potato

Enlightened
I have both the V10R and the M11R. While I really like Sunwayman lights, I would choose the RRT-01 over the M11R purely for the infinitely variable output.

Choosing between the RRT-01 and the V10R on the other hand would be much more difficult, but I would probably go for the V10R due to the tailswitch that would allow me to turn the light on to a pre-selected level.

Hey Morgan, how is the beamshot between V10R & M11R ? Is it confusing to activate strobe mode on M11R ?

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened

I too, would choose the RRT-01 over the M11R. It has a better looking "McGizmo" clip, better (rotating?) keychain attachment, chrome/silver bezel, and infinite variable... And no cons that I can see.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Morgan, how is the beamshot between V10R & M11R ? Is it confusing to activate strobe mode on M11R ?
I'm still a relative newbie (only got the flash-a-holic bug in late January) and as such I haven't really paid a lot of attention to beamshots - yet.

Also, I should have been more precise in my response. I have a V10A right now. I have a V10R Ti+ on order but both of those are XM-L (as is the M11R) and the original V10R is XP-G. As such, the M11R *should be* more floody than the V10R.

I don't really have a use for strobe and I can't remember right now exactly how to activate it. I'm sure others will chime in though! :)

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the RRT-01 and V11R seem to be very similar. Main differences:

1. RRT-01 looks like it has a smooth reflector at least from the screenshots. This may result in a very ugly beam. Not good for a short-range light. Presumably the V11R has an orange peal reflector like the V10R
2. RRT-01 might be more expensive than V11R. Unknown what V11R's price will be, but comparing the V10R to the RRT-0 sees a considerable price difference.
3. RRT-01 looks like it might have an SOS mode, while the V11R's interface lacks it.
4. RRT-01 has mechanical reverse polarity protection while the V11R presumably does not.
5. RRT-01 Might have slightly shorter battery life. Assuming similar driver efficiency and same light output, but with RRT-01 running at higher drive current due to its less efficient T6 emitter compared to the V11R's U2 emitter.
6. V11R has a tailswitch.
7. RRT-01 has a better clip, and a a stainless steel bezel.
8. RRT-01 will be out earlier than the V11R, even if only by a few weeks.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it confusing to activate strobe mode on M11R ?

I played with this tonight and I have the answer. The strobe is very easy to activate. You rotate the ring all the way to the right (to the highest level). Then you quickly rotate left one level and back to the right and the strobe activates. To disable the strobe you just rotate one left one level again.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know what the Tailcap does?

I see in pictures it has a taicap with loop in it, but does it offer momentary on/off like a Peak LED light?

Thanks,
bigC