Unique Titanium
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2)

Default Re: Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2)

Quote Originally Posted by lightjunction View Post
    We received a production sample from Nitecore and did a quick demo video of the EA2 on our YouTube channel.
    If there is something you'd like to see with this model that I didn't put in the video, leave me a comment and I will shoot another with your requests. -LightJunction Jeff
    Thanks for that video!

When will these get released? I like the video
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Quote Originally Posted by tam17 View Post
    It would be nice to see some real-world reviews (with outdoor beamshots), now when production samples are being shipped. NC country distributors are currently getting conformity certificates for E and new TM series, so it won't be long before those lights start hitting the shelves.
    I've contacted nitecore about doing reviews of these, you can feel free to let them know it would be a good idea!

Hey Jeff thanks for the video these definitely have a unique quality, do you know anything about the touch buttons and if they will come on in the pocket, are they capacitive.. I think that's the word.

Next and most important to me is are they current regulated, I hate PWM and lastly do you know when all the models going to be available?
    My flashlight collection HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    I've contacted nitecore about doing reviews of these, you can feel free to let them know it would be a good idea!
    Thx for the info Bigmac. I'm waiting for a response from my local distributor, I hope I'll get hold of 1xAA and 1x18650

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Hey Jeff thanks for the video these definitely have a unique quality, do you know anything about the touch buttons and if they will come on in the pocket, are they capacitive.. I think that's the word.

Next and most important to me is are they current regulated, I hate PWM and lastly do you know when all the models going to be available?
    Glad you liked the video. So no I do not believe they are capacitive.
    I do not want to say that it wouldn't go on in your pocket but in my opinion it would take a bit of pressure to do so. For lack of a better way to describe the buttons...they remind me of the keypad buttons for the lock on your automobile or garage door. In addition, they are bit recessed so in your pocket it would have to have a direct 'push' to go on. While in your hand the button access is great. I will see if I can post a picture of the EA2 to show the buttons and such in a better way.

So from what I can tell, they are not regulated...I simply used my video camera and EA2 in low mode and didn't see the 'lines' like I have on others.

Currently no solid ETA. But will update this post as soon as I get more info.

Hope this helps.

Light Junction Jeff
    Lightjunction.com - Illuminate Your World!

Glad you liked it CarpentryHero. Currently we have no ETA, but I will be sure to update when I get more info.

Light Junction Jeff

Glad you liked the video. So no I do not believe they are capacitive.
    I do not want to say that it wouldn't go on in your pocket but in my opinion it would take a bit of pressure to do so. For lack of a better way to describe the buttons...they remind me of the keypad buttons for the lock on your automobile or garage door. In addition, they are bit recessed so in your pocket it would have to have a direct 'push' to go on. While in your hand the button access is great. I will see if I can post a picture of the EA2 to show the buttons and such in a better way.

So from what I can tell, they are not regulated...I simply used my video camera and EA2 in low mode and didn't see the 'lines' like I have on others.

Currently no solid ETA. But will update this post as soon as I get more info.

Hope this helps.

Light Junction Jeff
    Thanks for the info about the buttons but I'm sure it is regulated some way either current or PWM, probably current. I'm not sure what you mean by "lines" maybe you are trying describe the quick strobe effect of a light that uses PWM.

Yep, my iPhone detects pwm when I aim the light at the camera. You see lines floating across the screen
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Thanks for the info about the buttons but I'm sure it is regulated some way either current or PWM, probably current. I'm not sure what you mean by "lines" maybe you are trying describe the quick strobe effect of a light that uses PWM.
    Yes, exactly what I meant. We didn't see the lines in the video associated with PWM. And since the question I was responded to was in regard to your dislike of PWM, I wanted to let you know that it did not appear to be. I should not have said that they are 'not regulated' As you well know, most are in some fashion, the EA2 does not appear to be PWM.

Yes, exactly what I meant. We didn't see the lines in the video associated with PWM. And since the question I was responded to was in regard to your dislike of PWM, I wanted to let you know that it did not appear to be. I should not have said that they are 'not regulated' As you well know, most are in some fashion, the EA2 does not appear to be PWM.
    Thanks for the additional info I always like to find out if it's current regulated before I get to excited about a new light.

release end of June
    new pictures here

http://elemlampa.blog.hu/2012/06/06/...c1_ec2_ea1_ea2

Thanks, gopajti! BTW, looking at specs posted on previous pages I've realized that EC2 is only 99mm long - the shortest 2xCR123/1x18650 that I've heard of. Side placement of the switch module (and possibly some of the driver electronics) may have contributed to that.

Cheers

Flashaholic*

Gopajti:
    a little off topic but in your searches have you come across the release date of the TM20/15 they're the ones I've been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by gopajti View Post
    release end of June
    new pictures here

http://elemlampa.blog.hu/2012/06/06/...c1_ec2_ea1_ea2

Many thanks for the pics, waiting for the end of June ...

Thanks gopajti for sharing. The EC2 is in my list now.

I just placed an order for an EA1. I'll post up some thought's when it arrives. Seems like a huge amount of features for this price point.
    Elzetta M60 | Fenix E01 E05 | Surefire 6P C2 E2E E2L-AA | Malkoff: M61-219 M61HCRI M61 Malkoff 3D Maglite
    Certified Malkoff Junkie....

Flashaholic*

Just ordered the EC2 as well.

Hmmmm gone a bit heywire this month getting MTE H8-2 and a APEX 5T6 5xCREE XM-L T6 as well
    Last edited by Glenn7; 06-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.

STOP!

You are not going to force me against my will to order the EC1.
    I am not a flashaholic.
    I do not have a problem.

Flashaholic*

"I do not have a problem"
    Yeah yeah! go look in the mirror

Looks like they are using xp-g emitters, why would they use them over the XM-L?
    Always look on the bright side of life

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMB View Post
    Looks like they are using xp-g emitters, why would they use them over the XM-L?
    For a more focused spot and greater throw in such a small reflector.

We received the EA1 EA2 EC1 this week. EC2 a bit delayed. Posted a very quick size comparison video. Will work on beam shots when I get the EC2. Any requests with what I do have?

Light Junction Jeff

Flashaholic*

How far away are the EC2 (18650) ?

Unfortunately no commitment to a solid date.

Light Junction Jeff

We received the EA1 EA2 EC1 this week. EC2 a bit delayed. Posted a very quick size comparison video. Will work on beam shots when I get the EC2. Any requests with what I do have?

Light Junction Jeff

Cough... torture test Cough...

J/k of course.

How about a short review of your thoughts and impressions compared to other lights in the same price range?
    Last edited by BIG45-70; 06-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Elzetta M60 | Fenix E01 E05 | Surefire 6P C2 E2E E2L-AA | Malkoff: M61-219 M61HCRI M61 Malkoff 3D Maglite
    Certified Malkoff Junkie....

Flashaholic*

OK thanks - a little sad as I've prepaid for one - oh well good things take time.
    Thanks Jeff

Oh yeah that spare button thing - is it a sticker of sorts? and if so is it water proof enough (or at least under the sticker if removed or falls off?)
    Unfortunately no commitment to a solid date.

Light Junction Jeff
    Last edited by Glenn7; 06-19-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    OK thanks - a little sad as I've prepaid for one - oh well good things take time.
    Thanks Jeff

Oh yeah that spare button thing - is it a sticker of sorts? and if so is it water proof enough (or at least under the sticker if removed or falls off?)

Yes, it's a sticker thing. I am uploading some close ups. Will include the accessories.

PLEASE do not ask me how to attach the lanyard. We've been in contact with NiteCore. I can only imagine what is going to ensue when folks get their hands on the lights. If you ask me, the best I got is, 'it's a spare lanyard...for your another light' !!

Light Junction Jeff

Last edited by lightjunction; 06-19-2012 at 02:21 PM.

This last pic is the back of the replacement button. Simple adhesive application.

Hope you like these.

Light Junction jeff