Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prototype lights, not final version

EC1 - CR123A, max. 280lm
EC2 - CR123A (2), max. 320lm
EA1 - AA, max. 180lm
EA2 - AA (2), max. 280lm

14814627_65391dd68a163bd28f33e8873d2a476d_l.jpg

14814621_f6b2d48e2881aa6bfc0a67fcd6c9907d_l.jpg

14814617_069221cc0b0e7cb23ab47fad97f32332_l.jpg

14814567_b7f3e2bb0d7349bc0fe1b85161dc0e32_m.jpg

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
Gopajti, thanks for posting this, you've beat me to it (again) :thumbsup:

This new Nitecore stuff may be a industry milestone, but we'll see... I'm keeping an eye on this thread in weeks to come. Keep us updated.

Cheers,

Tam

jay_rush

Unenlightened
cool! i cant wait for the first 2000 of these to have fults, and many CPF polls made to find out who baught a faulty one and have the stores have to buy new ones because nitecore wont do anything about it except sell them their new "probably" fault proof ones.

NITECORE -"LED flash lights with the coolness Russian roulette"
:twothumbs

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually Nitecore have given me the best customer service experience of any company. Above and beyond what I'd expect of them.

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
First light in a long time that catch my interest. I was hoping that a blinker equipped light would comes out... no tritium worries at the airport.

chappel

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nitecore Explorer Series (EC1, EC2, EA1, EA2) - guess at availability?

Weird timing - my Dad loves his EX11 (he must have won at 'Chinese Light Roulette'), except it bugged him that he can't tell when the battery was about to die. I was just on NiteCore's web site to order him another EX11 (he gave his to my grandfather), and would have waited if they'd had this on there. Any guesses as to how long until I can order an Explorer? (crosses fingers for father's day).

FWIW, I've EDC'd an EX10 for 5(?) years - tried a few others (Jetsteam I.B.S., nitecore D10, etc) - but keep going back to the EX10. I love the size and brightness memory feature, and spark-resistance (frequently used it to check fuel levels during night pre-flights). Never had any problems other than the stiff button (even wiping off the goo didn't help - haven't tried to find a smaller rubber ring). Have had it turn on in my pocket a couple times, but not recently - never quite understood how, given the stiffness of the switch. The battery does tend to die rather unexpectedly, but it's never been a problem. I've never marked a calendar, but I'd guess I get 4-6 months per battery, seemingly regardless of use. I *carry* it everyday in my pants pocket, although I don't actually turn it on very often (maybe 4-6x week) or for very long (10-30 seconds typically - to read a serial number off the back of something, light up a dark closet or back shelf), and (so far) it's been there when I need it. The finish has held up astoundingly well - the print is still flawless, and the anodizing is just the *slightest* bit worn off the knurling. The lens is just like new. I don't do anything to baby it, although I don't beat on it, either. The D10 hasn't given me any trouble, either - I got it to standardize on AA batteries in a BOB. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another nitecore, other than to try and stay below the 'flashaholic' limit.

Come to think of it, I bought an EX11 for my brother, too, and he hasn't had any issues either - other than I think it spends more time being 'misplaced' than in his pocket.

I guess I've won at 'Chinese Light Roulette' too.

DM51

Flashaholic

3 posts misplaced at the top of the thread due to time-stamp problem:

That makes two of us.
Not sure I need a battery indicator. New features can mean there's more things to potentially go kaputt.

Edit: :duh2: why's my post on top?

Because the system here has drunk too many beers. For this reason I am unable to answer your PM, please wait until tomorrow.

Phew, I was worrying that I had one too many... ;-)

LOL

Kingfisher

Enlightened

Thanks for posting these...looking good to me, could be my next new light(s)

sspc

Newly Enlightened

That EC1 and EA1 have my name written all over 'em. Me want.

tam17

Enlightened
Coaking, thanks for info, man. I'm already drooling at 1xAA and 1x18650 version. Hope they'd test them thoroughly before final release, and tighten up factory QC. How I'd like to get one of the test samples...

Cheers,

Tam

Mr_Moe

Newly Enlightened
Alright, I have to say the concept is growing on me. They aren't good looking in my opinion but they do have something interesting. My hope and doubt at the same time is: as explorer lights they should be able to take a beating and be reliable. Not sure that'll be the case. I have yet to see lights that really are durable and reliable. I wonder what the pricing will be.

Myrakas

Newly Enlightened
I like bigger reflector, not a beauty queen, but still interesting. I wonder what brightness (sub)levels they have?