The Fenix-Store

Thread: Can anyone fix my Arc AA, please?

Default Can anyone fix my Arc AA, please?

For years it was lost; and now is found: unfortunately, with a battery in it which has leaked. I've removed the dead cell but now with a fresh one in the Arc does light but only dimly. Would a kind modder be prepared to restore it for me, please?

Thank you,

Pierce.

Default Re: Can anyone fix my Arc AA, please?

I bet it's just fine, with dirty contacts. Look at them. Is the metal shiny? Try gently brushing the (+) one with a pencil eraser to clean any residue. Wipe the eraser on paper, then do the same to the (-) spring, and the same treatment to any contact collars (I think the Arc AA screws into the body, contacting on the flat ring). See if it works better now.
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

Thank you, A.A.S.,

But I'm not quite with you re 'the (-) spring': as far as I'm able to see there is no spring in the Arc AA. The bottom of the battery-cell touches a raised, circular 'land' of metal at the foot of the case; and the pip atop the cell bears against the underside of the Arc's head when it is screwed-down. Nonetheless, I'll follow your advice about using a pencil-eraser; and I thank you for it. (I'll let you know how it goes.)

Pierce.
    Last edited by Pierce the Night; 03-13-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Called it an 'AAA' instead of an 'AA'. Whoops! (A-minus?)

Hello again, A.A.S.: tried what you said: nil improvement. When I first switch-on the Arc AA by twisting the head down there's an initial flare of light which in a fraction of a second settles-down to a mere glimmer. And no matter how slowly I screw-down the head that momentary lighting-up cannot be maintained.

I think there's something wrong in the head, so to speak. So I ask again: will anyone repair my Arc AA for me, please?

AF.